UKBouldering.com

"the posts about DT and party madness" (Read 46574 times)

dave

And that Bubba's grown a telescopic arm as well

Nah, thats just good reacharound technique.

ianv

• forum abuser
#101 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 12, 2013, 04:40:21 pm
wow, FBSF looks really happy that Bubba's hugging him there. for once
   :w00t:

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#102 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 12, 2013, 04:48:48 pm
wow, FBSF looks really happy that Bubba's hugging him there. for once
   :w00t:
drugs can do wonders......

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#103 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 12, 2013, 08:56:42 pm
Her Dad stuck his head head through the door looking really angry yelling "HELEN!!! HELEN!" I knew she was upstairs with my mate so legged it up there and told her to get dressed 'cos her Dad was here. I don't know who I felt more sorry for, her poor Dad or her. 

Meanwhile my girlfriend had dropped her speed on the pavement out front and was on her hands and knees with a tenner in her nostril trying to salvage what was left.

I remember playing a really hard jungle set in a packed room with barely any room to grab my records out of the bag.  It was nuts.

Party of the century.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:53:44 pm by habrich, Reason: FD\'s request »

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#104 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 12, 2013, 09:19:12 pm
Party of the century.
Too right :) 

The fact that people still talk about it so many years later speaks volumes; it was one of those rare events that brought a great group of people together at just the right time together with a shit load of quality music, the aforementioned mushrooms, good Ecstasy, great venue, deaf neighbours & unusually diplomatic cops...

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#105 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 12, 2013, 09:28:11 pm
The boys tried to do it again, even offered to pay for the immediate neighbours to go away for the night, unfortunately it didn't happen.

I remember Mr Sellers turning up at 6am in a taxi, he'd been out clubbing and probably had a decent night but missed out on THE awesome party.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#106 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 12, 2013, 10:55:56 pm
I remember playing a really hard jungle set in a packed room with barely any room to grab my records out of the bag.  It was nuts.

Got a tracklist??  ;)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#107 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 12, 2013, 11:13:24 pm
October 1994 so Ray Keith, SS, Marvellous Kain, Omni Trio, Aphrodite, Ganja Kru, Mickey Finn, Dropping Science and several white labels/dub plates.  8)

a dense loner

• forum hero
#108 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 08:16:46 am
You people make me laugh with ridiculous double standards. After all the -ve karma cuboard received for calling a gay a bender in a story. Then discussing stories to make people look ridiculous were neither party involved is a user of the forum. On top of that condoning the use of drugs and how good they were/are.
There are young people who read this forum.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#109 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 08:52:00 am
cheer up Lee its xmas

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#110 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 08:58:27 am
Humbug anyone?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#111 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 09:29:57 am
as usual, Dense is right

for any young people listening out there

modern drugs are rubbish and will mess you up - they are sooooo not worth it

also, there's a reason that British sport climbing standards failed to improve in the 90s - Moon climbed Hubble in 1990... then what happened?

not all of the people from that scene came out of it well

You people make me laugh
now that's some achievement!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 09:53:34 am by lagerstarfish »

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#112 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 09:31:26 am
On top of that condoning the use of drugs and how good they were/are.

Unfortunately thats actually the case with drugs, otherwise why would people continue to take them?  :shrug:

Its certainly been my experience and the same for virtually everyone I know who has taken them.

There can be people who have problems with them but thats not the drugs fault, its the people who take them, and its often other aspects of their lives that lead them to seek solace in drugs (and they'd likely have problems with legal addictions such as alcohol, tobacco, gambling, pr0n etc. etc. )

I think Hick's hits the nail on the head (multiple times)...

I loved when Bush came out and said, "We are losing the war against drugs." You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it. - Bill Hicks

“Here is my final point...About drugs, about alcohol, about pr0nography...What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, or take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? And for those who are having a little moral dilemma in your head about how to answer that question, I'll answer it for you. NONE of your fucking business. Take that to the bank, cash it, and go fucking on a vacation out of my life - Bill Hicks

a dense loner

• forum hero
#113 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 11:00:41 am
Ah settled then. So the ukb message is drugs are great take as many as you want, if they fuck you up it doesn't matter cos you were obviously fucked up to begin with, nothing to do with the drugs, but never ever call a homosexual a bender. Sounds good

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#114 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 11:02:29 am
Can I point out that I was advocating shoplifting earlier too?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#115 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 11:07:30 am
Dense is right, cuboards posts were clearly just light-hearted slang with a nod to the attitudes of the time, really hard to mis-construe them as genuine homophobia and the responses to it would have seemed silly on UKC let alone on here.

Anyway, for FD:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Stop trolling Lee. Saying that we took some good drugs at a party nearly 20 years ago isn't a "ukb message" and it's not encouraging anyone else to take drugs either.

I also don't see any double standards. What has challenging prejudice got to do with historical drug use? Get back under your bridge.

Nigel

• forum hero
#117 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 11:11:26 am
Welcome to The Lee Whitehouse Experience  :)

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#118 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 11:12:32 am
ive been done for speeding and once had 7 items in th 5 only aisle at the supermarket......

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#119 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 11:16:22 am
If any Generation Xers (Lucien, Graeme) want to jwallow in a bit more nostalgia a few of us will be at the Rising Sun this evening

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#120 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 11:18:13 am
Ah settled then. So the ukb message is drugs are great take as many as you want, if they fuck you up it doesn't matter cos you were obviously fucked up to begin with, nothing to do with the drugs, but never ever call a homosexual a bender. Sounds good

Good paraphrasing there.  That was my opinion, not the "UKB" message.

I think its wrong to just say "Drugs are bad, don't do them".

There should be education as to the pros (and yes there are plenty) and cons to taking drugs (for every high there is a low, some are addicitive) and legality should be based on the evidence of the harm that they cause (see Prof. David Nutt review which was completely ignored by the government who commissioned it).

There are far worse things kids can (and no doubt do) find on the internet than people recounting here what they got upto 20+ years ago and remembering that they enjoyed it.  For example on the drugs front there is Erowid which contains online copies of PiHKAL and TiHKAL which contain detailed recipes for synthesising all manner of psychoactive compounds from the research chemist Alexander Shulgin.

I don't agree with censorship myself, nor do I condone latent homophobia/piss-taking of peoples choice of sexuality.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#121 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 11:23:11 am
Chatting about having a good time on drugs 20 years ago is probably not very harmful to this site, but (IMO) posting where you can find recipes for synthesising drugs is probably not the best idea.

rich d

• forum hero
#122 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 11:25:57 am
Chatting about having a good time on drugs 20 years ago is probably not very harmful to this site, but (IMO) posting where you can find recipes for synthesising drugs is probably not the best idea if you're too lazy to include the link.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#123 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 11:31:01 am
Says someone who's too lazy to highlight, right click, "search Google for".  ;)

gme

• forum hero
#124 Re: "the posts about DT and party madness"
December 13, 2013, 11:34:26 am
Whats happened to UKB and why does it suddenly have morals. One of the reasons its the only "chatroom" type thing i look at is the fact that people said what they wanted and it was all treated in a pretty light hearted manner. Bit like being in the pub, and i don't say anything on here i wouldn't happily say in the pub.

Not allowed to comment on a girl being fit now, no mention of commonly used 90s terms for homosexuals, no mention of drugs. FFS i give up. Its pretty much turning into the love child of the place everyone claims to hate.

Get a life people. Lets not turn it into some PC obsessed twaddle.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal