UKBouldering.com

Mad Rock Shoes (Read 2433 times)

Matt_P

Mad Rock Shoes
January 11, 2003, 02:26:07 pm
Anybody tried the "radical" new MAd Rock Shoes??
Are they good/naff??  :?:
Also Anazi 5.10's or Voodoos which are better as a performance bouldering shoe??

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#1 Mad Rock Shoes
January 11, 2003, 06:42:04 pm
depends on what you intend climbing in them mate. For Grit the 5.10 particularly anasazis can be a tad pointy. They are great for the walls and for comps n stuff - also on pocketed limestone but for grit something a little softer might be a better choice?

Having said that loads of people use them? Dunno anything about those voodoos, the people I know who have them swear by them (but then, they are sponsored by them) and use them on all sorts of rock types.

Greg C

• forum hero
#2 Mad Rock Shoes
January 13, 2003, 11:19:59 am
I have been using Mad Rock shoes for the last few months, and have found them to be a good shoe and have some excellent features including an superb thin coating of sticky rubber on the outer which comes in handy far more than you would have thought, and also some teeth injection moulded onto the heel cup which work exceedingly well. The only new feature I have heard any complaints about is the hooking rim on the sole which does look unusual from a traditionalist/slab climbers point of view. I have found no major problems on edges (which the are wicked on) or slabs although I would not say Iam the best person to put them to the test on hard slabs. I guess time will tell, all in all a good new shoe with and excellent fit!

Greg

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#3 Mad Rock Shoes
January 21, 2003, 11:13:24 am
not biased are you greg? Having said that I beleive you - give us a pair and I will test them on slabs for you :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal