UKBouldering.com

Little help and advice needed. (Read 1517 times)

Concretesnail

Little help and advice needed.
December 11, 2013, 08:06:26 am
Not sure how I've done it but I have managed somehow to injure myself. I'm not sure what I've done or exactly what to call it so I'm looking for some advice as to what I may have done and any help advise as to stretches or exercise which could help relieve it.

Symptoms
Numbness in my hand; across the back and in in the palm.
Numbness in fingers and thumb; mostly the thumb and back two
Pain in the forearm; in the area just shy of the elbow
Pain in the upper arm; just round the outside of the elbow, though it hasn't risen higher at all.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Little help and advice needed.
December 11, 2013, 08:12:01 am
No insight but details of how this happened and what you were doing when symptoms started might be useful.

Also try posting details to this thread New 'Physio Clinic' Q&A session.  They answer questions on Fridays.

psychomansam

• forum hero
#2 Re: Little help and advice needed.
December 11, 2013, 08:41:55 am
No insight but details of how this happened and what you were doing when symptoms started might be useful.

Also try posting details to this thread New 'Physio Clinic' Q&A session.  They answer questions on Fridays.

Just thought I'd mention that in general, the onset of unexplained numbness is something which it's well worth seeing a doctor about.
In this case, I'll admit your symptoms sound like a not-too-suspicious climbing induced soft-tissue injury. But I'm not a doctor.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#3 Re: Little help and advice needed.
December 11, 2013, 07:22:00 pm
I'd see my GP as it sounds like a nerve impingement. Had any knocks to an outstretched arm recently?

Lund

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: Little help and advice needed.
December 11, 2013, 07:50:34 pm
It does sound like you've damaged or trapped a nerve.  The ulnar nerve supplies back two, but not the thumb as far as I know (that's the medial nerve).  The ulnar is the nerve that runs around the funny bone.

For now, see a health professional...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal