UKBouldering.com

apartments in chulilla (Read 2933 times)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
apartments in chulilla
November 03, 2013, 11:13:42 pm
places to stay in chulilla beta anyone? La muela, is all booked up, and the refuge seems very pricey... (and i have heard it's not great as well)

dpb

• addict
#1 Re: apartments in chulilla
November 04, 2013, 08:23:17 am
Hi Toby.

A friend and I stayed 4 nights in the refugio last month.  We really enjoyed it would stay there again.

It's right on top of the gorge wall with great views of sex shop/pared de enfrente.   Pedro and his wife were both really friendly and helpful re new routes, recommendations etc. Overall it was well kept and very clean.

The only bad things about it are that the kitchen probably isn't big enough if the refugio is full, the fridge is small and there isn't a freezer and the showers took forever to warm up. Out of interest,  what bad things have you heard about it?

I can appreciate that if you are a group an apartment maybe better value though.

Hope you get sorted and have a great trip
Dave

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#2 Re: apartments in chulilla
November 04, 2013, 12:18:54 pm
I agree. I found the refugio quite good. We were the only guests though ...

TobyD

• forum hero
#3 Re: apartments in chulilla
November 04, 2013, 10:57:22 pm
Hi Toby.

A friend and I stayed 4 nights in the refugio last month.  We really enjoyed it would stay there again.

It's right on top of the gorge wall with great views of sex shop/pared de enfrente.   Pedro and his wife were both really friendly and helpful re new routes, recommendations etc. Overall it was well kept and very clean.

The only bad things about it are that the kitchen probably isn't big enough if the refugio is full, the fridge is small and there isn't a freezer and the showers took forever to warm up. Out of interest,  what bad things have you heard about it?

I can appreciate that if you are a group an apartment maybe better value though.

Hope you get sorted and have a great trip
Dave

good knowledge cheers dave. will prob'ly keep looking for an apartment, but that sounds better than i'd heard. €15 a night seems a lot for a refuge though!

Marky

• player
#4 Re: apartments in chulilla
November 05, 2013, 12:15:05 pm
We are staying at La Casa Serena - quite pricey but supposed to be very good.

TobyD

• forum hero
#5 Re: apartments in chulilla
November 23, 2013, 10:11:11 pm
We are staying at La Casa Serena - quite pricey but supposed to be very good.

quite.... :o  it's not quite climber budget is it? Not mine anyway. refuge full.... anyone any suggestions ? (other than doss)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#6 Re: apartments in chulilla
November 23, 2013, 11:39:49 pm
I think richie b and possibly Ian Taylor were there earlier in the year could pm them?

richieb

• menacing presence
#7 Re: apartments in chulilla
November 24, 2013, 06:59:55 am
The only three options I was aware of have been mentioned, El Altico, La Muela and Casa Serena. We got lucky at the refugio, only ones there and a room to ourselves for most of our stay. Agree that the cooking situation would quickly get difficult if it was busy. It did occur to me that it might be an option with a hire car to stay in a cheap hotel somewhere off the motorway towards Valencia (if there is one) and commute to the crag, but I guess you would missing out on the village, the general vibe, walking to the crag etc. And spending a lot on fuel of course.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal