UKBouldering.com

Good places to live in and around chester (Read 3535 times)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Good places to live in and around chester
October 10, 2013, 06:20:08 pm
Ok so i am on the move back to England/Wales. Need to be within commuting distance of Stanlow/Helsby area. Not keen on Liverpool, but want to be as close to North wales crags as possible. So maybe somewhere along the A55. What are the nicer places along there. Somewhere with a decent amount of rental properties going, as i wont be buying straight away.

Ti_pin_man

• obsessive maniac
  • sometimes you see things & curse, damnit no gun
Hawarden.  Got a vacant property for rent there right now.  Close enough to Chester to nip in if you want. Just off the circular so quick out past queensferry - equally quick into north wales for climbs and mountains.  Drop me a pm if you want info.

;D

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Handbridge

Stubbs

I was going to say Handbridge too, one of my friends used to live there: walk into Chester City centre and good run to the motorway for getting into wales/M6

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
got a mate who lives in handbidge and grew up in queens park, just round the corner

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
My Mum and Dad live in Cilcain nr Mold.  You can walk to Pantymyn in 5 mins and its a close drive to Chester Station, Llandudno and the A55/M56.  I'm thinking of buying their house when they want to move.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
Also Hooke or maybe saltney

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Wirral peninsula also a strong option. I live here (perhaps reason to avoid etc. ho ho ho) and there are plenty of good towns to set
up camp in. You're close to Liverpool which offers a decent day/night out and in close proximity to Clwyd/A55 approaches.

Happy to provide further info if requested Adam. Google West Kirby in the meantime...

galpinos

• forum hero
With your tan Adam, you'll fit right in on the Wirral, the land of eternal sunshine.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
My Mum and Dad live in Cilcain nr Mold.  You can walk to Pantymyn in 5 mins and its a close drive to Chester Station, Llandudno and the A55/M56.  I'm thinking of buying their house when they want to move.

Where exactly, my brother lives in Cilcain, on the road up to the quarries (Cefn Melyn Lane). If you are there at Christmas do you fancy a pint or 2

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
that should of read Hoole

davej

• obsessive maniac
  • up yours baby
I live in upton by chester nice spot but expensive houses!. Good access for motorways etc no one with a board though!!. Queensferry could be worth a punt with the new climbing centre opening soon, in wales and near A55

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal