UKBouldering.com

Statement of Youth (Read 10560 times)

AJM

• obsessive maniac
#25 Re: Statement of Youth
September 19, 2013, 05:44:49 pm
mind reader :)   yep..   in fact Andy I think you maybe emailed me some beta via UKC earlier in the year?   If it doesn't go next week and we run out of evening light then maybe I'll get in touch to belay/be belayed on it for a half day sometime!

Ah I might well have done! I probably do it totally differently now, I've tweaked the sequence so many times, little tweaks here and there.

Yeah, do.

I think my high point has been hitting the good straight down pull crimp under the third but not quite getting it solid. Dare I ask, how far into the easy ground did you fall? Are we talking easy as in "anything after the rockover" or easy as in "by the last clip"

Kingy

• forum hero
#26 Re: Statement of Youth
September 19, 2013, 07:18:38 pm
There is footage of Ben Moon doing S of Y (in the early 90's) in the Extreme 80's DVD, alongside Jerry doing Liquid Ambar

ben

• obsessive maniac
#27 Re: Statement of Youth
September 19, 2013, 07:25:50 pm
Sorry Luke - this has turned into a bit of a thread hijack!

I think my high point has been hitting the good straight down pull crimp under the third but not quite getting it solid. Dare I ask, how far into the easy ground did you fall? Are we talking easy as in "anything after the rockover" or easy as in "by the last clip"
Andy - Thanks for the offer to get on RHM.. I definitely want to get it done while the momentum is still there, will be in touch

I guess the term 'easy ground' is all relative, but I was in the 'anything after the rockover' territory, one move from getting the rest under the mini-roof before the final few feet..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal