UKBouldering.com

Ladies! What do you want! (Read 9122 times)

battery

• obsessive maniac
#25 Re: Ladies! What do you want!
September 17, 2013, 09:40:41 pm
TCA in Glasgow has a ladies night run by a couple of the female staff who also happen to be awesome climbers. I regularly attended when I lived up there, partly for the social aspect, partly as I found it really upped my psyche climbing with people who are like me (in terms of physical capabilities etc.) and because the sessions were really responsive to the needs of the people who were there.

Some weeks are very relaxed, some are structured sessions to work on specific weeknesses suggested by the individuals in the group. I really miss these sessions and have suggested Rockover run the same but with no success so far.

I climb with men, including my boyfriend regularly and really enjoy it but I regularly climb problems in a completely different way to them. Men and women are physically different at the end of the day. Whilst it is inspiring to watch awesome climbers and beasts do amazing things, in terms of usefulness to your climbing I always get most out of climbing with people with similar abilities to me.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#26 Re: Ladies! What do you want!
September 18, 2013, 07:51:26 am
just a reminder to climbing wall owners/managers...

I am still available for hire to fail spectacularly on problems of all grades using well developed "tall, strong, macho, nature-conquering man" techniques. This has been shown to significantly increase the overall happiness of more reasonably sized climbers who prefer to use technique and movement skills to enjoy their climbing.

reasonable rates

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal