UKBouldering.com

Fear the Pyramid of Power! (Read 5420 times)

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
Fear the Pyramid of Power!
January 07, 2003, 12:22:21 pm
It will finally be revealed at the 3rd round of the La Sportiva bouldering league at The Edge in Sheffield this Friday - the infamous 'Pyramid of Power'! I have spent my Christmas locked in a cold workshop, slaving over hot plywood and now all is about to be revealed. Please also bear in mind that round 3 finally sees the return of Rob Gawthorpe as guest setter, along with Big Ron Fawcett and me! Should be a good one. Drop us an email if you want more details on the comp and book you're physio appointments now - Gawthorpes back in town.............. :twisted:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#1 Fear the Pyramid of Power!
January 07, 2003, 08:07:05 pm
Percy,

I've got a note from my mum that says I'm allowed extra footholds and stuff (i've got a bit of a sniffle see) so please take that into account when adding up more score card. Mines the one that says nil points at the bottom.

Ta Muchly.  :wink:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Fear the Pyramid of Power!
January 14, 2003, 11:26:40 pm
And here's the results

Cheers PercyB...

dave

#3 Fear the Pyramid of Power!
January 15, 2003, 08:52:56 am
Another good comp Perc, however i recon the quality of the problems wasn't as high as the first 2 comps - a bit samey in the mid-grades, seemed like every problem amounted to a high-rockover-off-a-sloper move. I recon if the mid-grades problems were as interesting as the hard ones (like a slightly easier version of #20) then it would be sound. Also would like to see more use made of the woody for a bit more variety. Look forward to the last round. Cheers

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#4 Fear the Pyramid of Power!
January 15, 2003, 11:17:11 am
I enjoyed it too, I liked that Pyramid of power, a really good sustained problem, once you had caught the bonus hold you had loads more to do - excellent! FOundry on Friday...

dave

#5 Fear the Pyramid of Power!
February 05, 2003, 09:16:16 am
I've heard that the next Edge comp that was going to be this friday has been put back a week (to valentine's day, cheers guys), can anyone confirm this? Percy :?:  tis a shame cos its the same night as the Matrix comp is supposed to be, so someone's going to loose out on competitors......and i can't do both...

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#6 Fear the Pyramid of Power!
February 05, 2003, 09:20:59 am
Yeah, I thought it should have been this weekend as well, but Rob Smith reckoned it was the 14th. I called the Edge this am and it is indeed on Valentines day. Which means potentially I can't go either. Cheers.

Whats the score with the Matrix comp?

dave

#7 Fear the Pyramid of Power!
February 05, 2003, 09:59:08 am
dunno what the score with da matrix comp is, i just hope they ditch the king kong holds cso they suck a fat dick.

Also sucks about valentines day, but then again less people going is good for those competing! Looks like a might have to do the early session then sprint down to the matrix for 2 comps in a day, then slap up meal with the biatch - now that would be hardcore!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#8 Fear the Pyramid of Power!
February 05, 2003, 10:03:34 am
Quote from: "dave"
2 comps in a day, then slap up meal with the biatch - now that would be hardcore!

How romantic!  :wink:

dave

#9 Fear the Pyramid of Power!
February 05, 2003, 10:16:34 am
never let it be said that i don't know how to treat a bitch right!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal