UKBouldering.com

British Bouldering Championships 2013 (Read 18635 times)

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives
Very tempted by the new format, but i have to lose a large amount of podge and train non stop till the last minute to get match and grade fit.

Only 60 places too so that really put me off

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 British Bouldering Championships 2013
June 12, 2013, 10:36:06 pm
I will apply and then gracefully pull out at the last minute to retain some dignity ;)

J_duds

• menacing presence
The price seems high, have they always been £30?

Entry fee
•Senior competitors: £30.00 + £3.75 (half price entry to Cliffhanger) = £33.75

rodma

• forum hero
Not exactly expensive. Potentially a two day event. They build the wall for the comp etc etc etc

I'm Having a punt, cos i don't know when to give up. Any others on here? Willackers?

crimp

Not exactly expensive. Potentially a two day event. They build the wall for the comp etc etc etc

I'm Having a punt, cos i don't know when to give up. Any others on here? Willackers?

did you get your entry in?

Any other UKBers signed up?

Will it be streamed on youtube?

stvey1987

• regular
Does anyone know how many of our strong women are going to be there ? Last I saw Shauna was in America along with Puccio and I remember hearing something about Mina going on a trip to rocklands all summer... just wondering if they are going to be competing or not??

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
I've entered, I think the world cup format is much better. My preperation has been spending the last 5 days at Glastonbury Festival  :pissed: I'm going to be on top form  :slap:

rodma

• forum hero

entry in

see you there monsieur chatouiller 

don't know

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I've entered, I think the world cup format is much better. My preperation has been spending the last 5 days at Glastonbury Festival  :pissed: I'm going to be on top form  :slap:

Good lad. I'll be supporting you for using the classic Sharpe pre competition training plan.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks

It is getting streamed but I am not sure where

crimp

I've asked BMC twice. They've not bothered answering.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM

I've asked BMC twice. They've not bothered answering.

The BMC (ie Rob Adie) was dropping stuff off at the park today and he said it was being webcast. But it isn't exactly being very well publicised - I have asked for the link so we can publicise it via The Works

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
I thought about entering, but on the BMC site it said "Approximate grades of problems: Senior male V4-V9/V7-V10"

I can only do Font grades

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Whereas I can only do VS.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I saw a tweet from 24\7 TV earlier saying they were streaming it

crimp

I saw a tweet from 24\7 TV earlier saying they were streaming it

checked their website. They are. But they're a pay per view effort.

Ho hum.

Good luck Rodma & Willackers.

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives
you can easily come over to cliffhanger and join us under the tent and watch/support this great sporting event.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Whereas I can only do VS.

just googled that and found that it stands for VERY severe!

sounds very difficult, but apparantly very difficult is not even as hard as VS!  you must be one of those people who do stuff that only 1% of climbers can do

:strongbench:

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Costs
Replay from £1.00
Download from £1.50
Live from £9,999.99

:???:

andy_e

• forum hero
That's a bit steep!

tomtom

• forum hero
Whilst it sounds like a funtime day out for all, given the forecast I shall be out climbing in the great outdoors... :) *

*do I sound like a grumpy old bastard above?

r-man

• forum hero
Hang on, looks like that's the 2010 page. So that's actually quite a good price for time travel.

Can't find anything about the 2013 event.

r-man

• forum hero
Looks like it will be streamed here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/247dottv

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I thought about entering, but on the BMC site it said "Approximate grades of problems: Senior male V4-V9/V7-V10"

I can only do Font grades

The good old BMC, stubbornly persevering with their V grades despite the fact that only people who live in London and Fiend now use them.

tomtom

• forum hero
#25 British Bouldering Championships 2013
July 04, 2013, 04:48:19 pm
In London I heard that Yoga was so popular nowadays at climbing walls, they are starting to use Y grades... Campusing 1-5-9 straight into a 'Mantis eating donut' position gets Y13..

psychomansam

• forum hero
Does anyone know how many of our strong women are going to be there ? Last I saw Shauna was in America along with Puccio and I remember hearing something about Mina going on a trip to rocklands all summer... just wondering if they are going to be competing or not??

Well dunno bout the rest but Shauna's blog starts with 'home sweet home', so I doubt that's a coincidence  :)

psychomansam

• forum hero
Anyone watching Wimbledon was watching the wrong final.

The tent was the place to be - scorching out in the sun today. I feel sorry for the inevitable visiting climbers, greasing off grit slopers.

The men made a decent show of it, though I think it's telling that it was nearly won by a 16 year old (Burns). Close call and everything came down to the last problem. Barrans took it, but only just - the top 5 each climbed 2, but he had the least tries.

The women - something else. Close competition for 2nd place. It all came down to the last problem. With everyone failing, the results stayed as they were and Mina was rewarded for her balance and precision on the first problem, gaining silver. She'd been one of two to top the first problem - the other was Shauna, looking fluid, relaxed and comfortable as she gained the flash. Which she also did on the 2nd and the 3rd problems, guaranteeing her win. She never seemed to have a chance at flashing the fourth problem - Puccio was relegated to 3rd after even she couldn't top it. But a couple of minutes later, Shauna was topping out - 4 problems in 4 attempts. World class.

:popcorn:

205Chris

• forum hero
No Ned this year?

psychomansam

• forum hero
He didn't make the final.

Link for the final:

abarro81

• forum hero
Word on the street is that he didn't go and has quit comps... but this is 3rd hand knowledge

Danny

• junky
Amazing effort from Dom - good to see an Irish climber in the mix!

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM

You mean a Brit with an Irish passport  ;)

r-man

• forum hero
Just watched the replay - super impressive climbing from Shauna! Shame the live feed wasn't following her on the crux of final problem, would have been interesting to see how she did it.

Danny

• junky

You mean a Brit with an Irish passport  ;)

I really mean a climber from Belfast.

What I should have said was:

Good to see a climber from a city with terrible, terrible climbing facilities make it so far.

psychomansam

• forum hero
Just watched the replay - super impressive climbing from Shauna! Shame the live feed wasn't following her on the crux of final problem, would have been interesting to see how she did it.

The live feed also missed the 2nd best bit of action which was womens problem three, when Leah broke through it - failing with a nasty fall off the top hold before flying up it second go and holding a big swing on the finish. (Puccio, after struggling at the start, then did the same, but with her power made the final throw look much easier. Shauna then flashed it and basically did the finish static, crossed-arms sideways-campus style  :ohmy:

Question by the way - what's the deal with Puccio? I take it she's dating someone over here - does she have a passport? Is she getting one?  :shrug:

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM

Good to see a climber from a city with terrible, terrible climbing facilities make it so far.

But he does have an Eddie to help him  ;)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
Question by the way - what's the deal with Puccio? I take it she's dating someone over here - does she have a passport? Is she getting one?  :shrug:

Nope to the UK passport, Alex and her bloke (Nicholas Parsons, a Pikey Convict) are moving to Boulder as soon as Chris gets his visa issued.

galpinos

• forum hero
Barrans took it

I read that as "Barrows took it" and had a vision of a sea of despairing faces as the British Bouldering Championships was won by a combo of lank and rubber clad knees scums.....

Doylo

• forum hero
Barrans took it

I read that as "Barrows took it" and had a vision of a sea of despairing faces as the British Bouldering Championships was won by a combo of lank and rubber clad knees scums.....

i think he would have been pelted with rotten eggs

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
Barrans took it

i think he would have been pelted with pints of warm piss

mr__j5

• menacing presence
  • Peter J
  • tall, bendy and weak
Barrans took it

He would have loved the knee bar - no hands rest on problem 3 though.

abarro81

• forum hero
I was wondering whilst watching the end of the finals actually - are there rules on use of kneepads in comps? Graham - any clue?

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
No there aren't any rules that mention knee pads. It could be argued that they are aid so would be banned. But then again it could be argued that they are merely knee supports (like Nicholas Parsons was wearing in the semis) and therefore would be allowed.

tomtom

• forum hero
Nice pic from RobL (via facebork)

psychomansam

• forum hero

Nope to the UK passport, Alex and her bloke (Nicholas Parsons, a Pikey Convict) are moving to Boulder as soon as Chris gets his visa issued.

Pity!

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
I heard a rumour someone called Dave won it...

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
...like Nicholas Parsons was wearing in the semis...

I take it he climbed without repetition, hesitation or deviation and took around about 60 seconds for each problem?

HONK HONK!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal