UKBouldering.com

[Peak District][Curbar]Any arete's a'reet[V2] (Read 1278 times)

psychomansam

• forum hero
Very probably done before, perhaps in a different way, at a different grade, but it seemed unclimbed as a I was cleaning off lots of scrittle as well as lichen, and changing the visible colour of the rock by doing so, and I can't find it online, so anyway...

If you stand at the bad landing boulder looking up toward the big block ahead, with trackside behind you, there's a couple of boulders up and right of you. A big block with an obvious and lovely easy arete (V0ish climbed on the right) and a horizontal block jutting out leant against it. Round the far side there's a rounded arete with the block leant against the bottom of it. To the right of the arete there's a weird little problem where you step on a bulge using good hands and reach the top (piss easy), but then have to do a horrid scrittley mantle. Also V2ish.

Climb the right hand side of this arete, with your hands on the edges on the left hand side. Pull on, turn the arete and finish up the slab. Could probably be done sitting or without the edges if A. it wasn't so hot you're dehydrating B. you have some skin left. C. You have a proper brush to clean the rest of the scrittle off D. you're not weak like a flower.

I've been to font recently and am currently shunning font grades in protest. Feel free to tell me these problems have been done before and are all V0-. I'm in the process of upgrading from my 1998 guide....

:icon_welcome:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal