UKBouldering.com

Getting to Cloggy from the Pass (Read 1488 times)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Getting to Cloggy from the Pass
May 24, 2013, 12:24:41 pm
Ayupmidux,

I'm going to Snowdonia this weekend with my girlfriend- won't be doing any climbing (apart from my first visit to Parisella's on Monday  :bounce:) but will be doing plenty of walking.

Naturally I'm planning said walking to to avoid bank holiday crowds and to incorporate checking out crags and approaches for future climbing trips.

The Cloggy guidebook contains the tempting but vague phrase "the shortest but steepest approach is from the Llanberis Pass, via Cwm Glas Mawr, straight to Clogwyn station, from where a short descent leads to the crag"- this sounds cool as I've never been up that part of the Pass and it would enable me to have a look at Diffwys Ddu/ Cyrn Las on the way.

However, looking at various maps and the pictures in the current Llanberis guidebook, I can't really figure out how exactly you negotiate the last section over the ridge. My girl is fitter than me and is fine with steep/ arduous hiking but does not enjoy scrambling and has been assured none will be required...  :whistle:

Can anyone fill me in on whether "working it out when we get there" is a sensible idea? Cheers!

andy popp

• forum hero
#1 Re: Getting to Cloggy from the Pass
May 24, 2013, 12:59:40 pm
I've approached Cloggy by doing a route on Cyrn Las first (and from a route on Cloggy went on to Llechog) which worked really well. But that obviously isn't much help. My hunch is that this isn't going to be straightforward though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal