UKBouldering.com

Piss taking (Read 7945 times)

crimp

Piss taking
May 10, 2013, 05:20:38 pm
Great stuff Adge and welcome to the best game in the world grr666.

No praise needed here. Im shit.

grr666 is stronger and better than me. Just glad to give him a push and out him from plastic.

I am more than happy to climb with him again. He would benefit from climbing with a higher grade climber.

Lovely fella. If anyone with skills can offer him a hook up, do it. He has a great attitude, and is great company.

*** I have split this topic off from other thread as it was off topic - Bonjoy ***
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:26:13 am by Bonjoy »

a dense loner

• forum hero
#1 Re: Piss taking
May 12, 2013, 05:17:55 pm
Jesus fuckin Christ

crimp

#2 Re: Piss taking
May 12, 2013, 05:34:31 pm

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#3 Re: Piss taking
May 12, 2013, 06:29:37 pm
Jesus fuckin Christ

What's the beef?

Dense don't do the sentiment bit.

He man! No do girls stuff.
*Takes big stick and pokes fire, while chewing on pelt from today's hunt*

crimp

#4 Re: Piss taking
May 12, 2013, 06:37:37 pm
Jesus fuckin Christ

What's the beef?

Dense don't do the sentiment bit.

He man! No do girls stuff.
*Takes big stick and pokes fire, while chewing on pelt from today's hunt*

haven't asked for his sentiment. Just want to know what his problem is with what i said?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#5 Re: Piss taking
May 13, 2013, 11:23:37 am
If I wanted to read a mills n boon novel I'd go to my mums and borrow one of hers

crimp

#6 Re: Piss taking
May 13, 2013, 11:56:36 am
If I wanted to read a mills n boon novel I'd go to my mums and borrow one of hers

I dont follow. Was putting out a request for other local boulderers, better than me, who might consider offering taking out a new, keen, strong, boulderer. What's wrong with trying to help new people improve and enjoy their climbing?

I dont make the connection, unless mills and boon are now writing books about helpful climbers who try and help other people out.

grr666

#7 Re: Piss taking
May 17, 2013, 06:48:47 pm
Overdid it at the gym (TCA) today and have hurt my left thumb.
At least I got a bit done that I struggled with last time but am out of action
until my thumb feels better.

And to Mr 'a dense loner', if you are finding the positive vibe in this
thread unsettling then please feel free to do one and post elsewhere. 
Nobody asked for your comment,and nobody made you read the thread.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#8 Re: Piss taking
May 17, 2013, 07:36:55 pm
It's the Internet you don't need someone's permission to post. You think that what you're writing looks like positive vibes? Are you both American?

webbo

• forum hero
#9 Re: Piss taking
May 17, 2013, 07:48:22 pm
Dense probably only looked at this thread as he was hoping it was about penis enlargement through bouldering.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#10 Re: Piss taking
May 18, 2013, 12:10:09 am
I assumed Dense was simply taking the time and care to gently introduce you to the fine practice of taking the piss that goes along with climbing of all forms.  Mocking climbers who stand around (or sit at a computer) congratulating themselves or each other has a long tradition.  I'd hate to see it go amiss.  Think of it as the price/acknowledgement of acceptance and be happy.  Those who are not accepted don't get mocked, they get thrown out :)

Congrats on discovering climbing!  Embrace it with all of it's prickles and you'll often find those with the sharpest edges can be the most reliable in a pinch :)  Tough things aren't soft.....

kelvin

• forum hero
#11 Re: Piss taking
May 18, 2013, 01:57:01 am
  Tough things aren't soft.....

Dunno 'bout that. My penis has taken some beatings in the past but thank god it's soft when I piss...

crimp

#12 Re: Piss taking
May 18, 2013, 04:00:15 pm
I assumed Dense was simply taking the time and care to gently introduce you to the fine practice of taking the piss that goes along with climbing of all forms.  Mocking climbers who stand around (or sit at a computer) congratulating themselves or each other has a long tradition.  I'd hate to see it go amiss.  Think of it as the price/acknowledgement of acceptance and be happy.  Those who are not accepted don't get mocked, they get thrown out :)

Congrats on discovering climbing!  Embrace it with all of it's prickles and you'll often find those with the sharpest edges can be the most reliable in a pinch :)  Tough things aren't soft.....

there is no mockery price of admission to climbing. There may be in your circle, but that's your lookout. Dont try and enforce your weakness on others.

In my experience, if people mock you they're a cunt. If they are genuinely supportive, you really can trust them in a pinch.

You can not be accepted rejected in climbing, only within cliques.

If that's there sneering attitude, tell them to fuck themselves.

Nice one. You've turned a positive helping thread into shit. Still, you're happy.

Text me Grr. Fuck the negativity.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#13 Re: Piss taking
May 20, 2013, 04:23:17 pm
there is no mockery price of admission to climbing. There may be in your circle, but that's your lookout. Dont try and enforce your weakness on others.

In my experience, if people mock you they're a cunt. If they are genuinely supportive, you really can trust them in a pinch.

Nice one. You've turned a positive helping thread into shit. Still, you're happy.

After reading this a couple of days ago I've been wrestling with how to respond.  I get where you're coming from, but I intended no negativity.   I actually was trying to encourage gr666 to look past the negativity.  Apparently I failed and I'll do my best to clarify, but this isn't a concept I can verbalize very well.  Obviously w've had very different experiences in life.  I've had MANY times where people SEEM to be supportive and aren't, and where people SEEM to be mocking but aren't.  I 100% agree with the bold part above, but how do you determine if it's genuine?

The climbers I've known over the years have tended to be strong characters with equally strong opinions and loyalty.  They've also tended to being self-deprecating, and if they see any ego coming out anywhere, they'll be the first to prick the balloon. As you get into this group I feel that it is vital for newcomers to understand that behind the seeming negativity and the mocking is real passion and care.  Seeing past the surface has been vital to me in almost all of the best friends and partners climbing has given me. 

Anyway, I'm glad you guys had a great time out and as I said before, Congrats on Discovering Climbing!

webbo

• forum hero
#14 Re: Piss taking
May 20, 2013, 07:55:10 pm

I read the above and then I read http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,15394.200html and I wonder who's got the issues here.

crimp

#15 Re: Piss taking
May 20, 2013, 08:01:42 pm

I read the above and then I read http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,15394.200html and I wonder who's got the issues here.

Dont follow. Please spell out

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#16 Re: Piss taking
May 20, 2013, 08:26:08 pm
I think he's pointing Dense's tendency to reply in a negative and provocative manner......

At least it seems that way as neither of us posted anything in there.

webbo

• forum hero
#17 Re: Piss taking
May 20, 2013, 09:35:41 pm
No. I was pointing out its normal for climbers to mock, take the piss and generally rip the shit out of each other as in Sharks blog.

crimp

#18 Re: Piss taking
May 20, 2013, 09:52:12 pm
No. I was pointing out its normal for climbers to mock, take the piss and generally rip the shit out of each other as in Sharks blog.

i must be well abnormal then. Never felt the need to rag on my pals.

What's normal for you is abnormal for someone else.

You mean its normal to rag on your mates in your clique. Not in mine, or Grrrs, apparently.

I guess my normal must be wrong. I will try to conform to your normal in future then.

I would hate to be climbing abnormal and 'thrown out'

webbo

• forum hero
#19 Re: Piss taking
May 21, 2013, 08:33:11 am
I very much doubt I ever been in a clique and if I have, I was probably thrown out for ragging what ever that is.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#20 Re: Piss taking
May 21, 2013, 08:44:55 am

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#21 Re: Piss taking
May 21, 2013, 11:51:54 am
Log pile  :shit:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#22 Re: Piss taking
May 21, 2013, 01:06:23 pm
A good climbing day out with your mates should be as much about the craic / pisstaking / banter as about the getting some good routes done and pushing yourself. All part of the rich tapestry of British climbing and has been forever thus.

andy_e

• forum hero
#23 Re: Piss taking
May 21, 2013, 01:08:40 pm
Log pile  :shit:

Nah, this is about taking the piss, not taking the dump.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#24 Re: Piss taking
May 21, 2013, 01:21:48 pm
I want 5 minutes of my life back

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal