UKBouldering.com

UKB Pissup / #ukbpissup - Sat 29th June 2013 (Read 29483 times)

crimp

I lost my phone as well yesterday, in this occasion....

i couldn't give two shakes of a shitty stick if a load of Italian people want to beat the crap out of each other. But those poor horses must be terrified. Not big, not clever.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE

i couldn't give two shakes of a shitty stick if a load of Italian people want to beat the crap out of each other. But those poor horses must be terrified. Not big, not clever.
Adge, I'll be more than happy to have you as my guest for next Palio, to make you sure that the horses are considered the most important element of this tradition. We make sure that nothing happens to them, and they are generally kept away from any sort of danger, except the ones that are part of any horse race.
EDIT.
Really disappointed by your negative karma. The Palio, in the modern form, dates back to the XVII century, and its original form back to the XIV: saying it's not culture, and saying poor horses shows your complete lack of any knowledge whatsoever about this. I grew up in this athmosphere and I'm really disappointed by how easily you judge things from a PC screen.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:06:13 pm by Nibile »

crimp

Adge, I'll be more than happy to have you as my guest for next Palio, to make you sure that the horses are considered the most important element of this tradition. We make sure that nothing happens to them, and they are generally kept away from any sort of danger, except the ones that are part of any horse race.

Horse racing itself is cruel. That's another matter.

Do you honestly think naturally skittish horses arent enduring their personal hell in all that melee. Regardless of physical injury, they will be terrified. Is that acceptable. It's not ok to cause mental suffering as long as no physical injury is done. Cruelty is cruelty, animal abuse is animal abuse. Enough is enough.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE

Do you honestly think naturally skittish horses arent enduring their personal hell in all that melee. Regardless of physical injury, they will be terrified. Is that acceptable. It's not ok to cause mental suffering as long as no physical injury is done. Cruelty is cruelty, animal abuse is animal abuse. Enough is enough.
Adge, the horses you see there, come from a special breed that's been created specifically for the Palio. They are raised to be at ease in those situations, and had you ever been there at least once, you'd agree with me. There's nothing cruel, I can assure you.
But you can keep your opinion obviously.
I'd like to point out once again that you have a very very limited knowledge that comes only from videos. Please at least show some respect and do not judge.

crimp

Adge, the horses you see there, come from a special breed that's been created specifically for the Palio. They are raised to be at ease in those situations, and had you ever been there at least once, you'd agree with me. There's nothing cruel, I can assure you.
But you can keep your opinion obviously.
I'd like to point out once again that you have a very very limited knowledge that comes only from videos. Please at least show some respect and do not judge.

if it's disrespectful to speak for animals and be a voice for the voiceless, then disrespectful I'll always be.

And yes, i have good experience with horses, not just on video.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
Read my post. You don't have experience of the Palio.
Anyway, enough for me.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
I can still smell and taste the shark.

:whistle:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Adge
seriously puntering someone for their culture is shitty. You may disagree with it but they way you have come across in those posts is very intolerant. You seem to of ignored what nibs has said and just ranted for the sake of it.

andy_e

• forum hero
However, using "culture" and "heritage" as a way of defending a situation which could cause potential harm to animals is also shitty. But as Nibs says, I've never been to this event so can't really comment.

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
This is a first for me ....... I'm used to there being a fight at a piss up between people who are actually there ......

tomtom

• forum hero
This is a first for me ....... I'm used to there being a fight at a piss up between people who are actually there ......

You looking at my bird? eh? want some? ;)

crimp

Adge
seriously puntering someone for their culture is shitty. You may disagree with it but they way you have come across in those posts is very intolerant. You seem to of ignored what nibs has said and just ranted for the sake of it.

the Italian tourism minister wouldn't list Palio as one of Italy heritage events because of cruelty concerns.

To condone or not speak out against cruelty for the sake of culture or heritage is no good. I oppose this, British fox hunting, Spanish bull fighting, US bear baiting, regardless of nationality, culture, or heritage.

At this event 50 horses died in last 30 years. Many many more in training. Plenty of reports by league against cruel sports, and many Italian and international animal welfare groups. Even Italian government concerned about its cruelty.

If a fox hunter, bull fighter, pamplona runner, bear baiter, supporter of cruel 'culture' etc posts on here about something i disagree with, I'll raise awareness about it.

To say i puntered Nibs because of his culture isn't true. It was my reaction to a non climbing  spectacle i find morally repugnant on a climbing forum. Fair enough i think.

Plus i rarely punter, dont like doing it and as last time i puntered someone, i had just signed in to award Nibs a wad point to restore his karmic balance. Shant do that right now. It'd now feel like a climbdown, rather than good faith & a goodwill gesture to Nibs.

crimp

Adge

Just answer 2 other points

yes i am 'very intolerant' of cruelty

ranted for the sake of the horses, and to raise awareness. Not 'for the sake of it'

a dense loner

• forum hero
Adge i'm quite sure i speak for most people when i say this, you're a knobhead

crimp

Adge i'm quite sure i speak for most people when i say this, you're a knobhead

Thanks for the personal abuse. That's really insightful. You'll get some attention despite having nothing worthwhile to add, as usual.

If you speak for most on here then fuck you all!

Prick!

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
Bate this fucker please......

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
i'm quite sure i speak for most people

Somehow I doubt it.

Not that I'm taking sides - I know nothing about this issue, but I don't see any reason to label either Adge or Nibile a knobhead.

andy_e

• forum hero

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"

Snoops

• obsessive maniac
I had just signed in to award Nibs a wad point to restore his karmic balance. Shant do that right now. It'd now feel like a climbdown, rather than good faith & a goodwill gesture to Nibs.

Well maybe not puntering in the first place would of been better. You raise some good points, but puntering was harsh, and adding one back doesn't change anything.

crimp

:rtfm: :agree:
lol

so. Ok to punter sloper for his odious political views! Nibs is not immune. Or is he a special case? Do explain i haven't got the hang of who its ok to criticise and who not.

Apparently its ok to give me personal abuse! Join in. MOO?

Sorry lagers. That was aimed at sheeps, sorry Snoops

you know I've got your back

Snoops

• obsessive maniac
:rtfm: :agree:
lol

so. Ok to punter sloper for his odious political views! Nibs is not immune. Or is he a special case? Do explain i haven't got the hang of who its ok to criticise and who not.

Apparently its ok to give me personal abuse! Join in. MOO?

Sorry lagers. That was aimed at sheeps, sorry Snoops

you know I've got your back

Ummh,  I don't think i've joined in abusing u (moo??!), I simply pointed out that perhaps as YOU posted 'you were thinking of rebalancing the karma for nibs' that maybe you shouldn't of been so quick to punter. Now your taking that as abuse?

This thread is now becoming a cocktalk style thread, and I'm complicit in it, so I'm out of here and off to seek forgiveness....

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Adge has requested that his account is deleted which I've done.

His posts seem to have changed to "crimp" which I assume was a previous user name and is a glitch in the system.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Adge

Not the first time...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Not sure Sloper it's a good analogy either as I'm pretty sure most preferred to engage in discussion and argument rather than reaching for the punter button if they disagreed with his political views.

And he did actively seek punter points as a badge of honour/being a cunt. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal