UKBouldering.com

UKB Pissup / #ukbpissup - Sat 29th June 2013 (Read 29481 times)

Plattsy

• forum hero
I'm going to be at the sheaf getting lashed. If you dickheads are there too thats cool. Haven't told Andy that we're staying at his again till riiiiiiigggggghhhhttt ...........now!
:lol: Just seen this memo. Considering my demise from renting a swish pad to a room at a mates house you may wish to organise alternative arrangements Rob.

I'll be there by the way.

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
Despite the long journey, I'll be there - as usual I'll be the one at the bar chatting to an attractive woman who probably isn't my wife

I have a small pot of hakarl in the fridge - if people are interested in partaking of this unusual substance I'm happy to bring it along. I'm not allowed to open it in the house or keep it in the fridge once it has been opened and there's no way I can finish it in one sitting (IKR!), so looking for an opportunity to share it - Sheaf garden should be fine. Anyone else interested?

It sounds truly revolting!!  :sick:

But yea I'll try it  :blink: - Just gotta work at getting a pass out from the Mrs now (gonna be tricky as I've already committed to doing the Tideswell fell race on Friday - fingers x'd)

:D

cowboyhat

• forum hero
Smelling the open jar made me gag. Heres a famous victim:

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Ladies and Gentlemen, you will be no doubt enraged and depressed to hear that this weekends UKB Pissup will be feature a guest appearance from one time poster and serial downgrader, the one and only Le Grande Ventre himself - Sloper.

Be prepared to be entertained by such riveting tales as "When I was on a VS in Wales and got a bit off line and ended up 70ft up an E5", "When I sandbagged Dave Graham in Font", "When I engaged Johhny Dawes in a bout of naked Greco-Roman wrestling (Private School rules)" and many others*.   

Please ensure that your piss taking engines have been specially tuned and are running at maximum boost pressure for this most momentous of occasions as they will no doubt be exercised fully.

NB. Anyone who is actually enraged and depressed about this I heartily recommend that you console yourselves with the fact that it is only for one evening and not for the weekend which is the truly delightful option that I have undertaken for your dubious pleasure.

*Some of these examples may have exaggerated or even completely made up to make this post sound better than it is!

andy popp

• forum hero
You're all in for treat.

Over many years of cyber argument I'd never actually met Sloper and then just the day after he reappeared here I turned up at Harmers to find him insitu. It didn't turn into a pitched battle over Neo-liberalism etc., etc. yadda, yadda, yadda.

Now we just need the second coming of the Dark Lord, aka Houdini.

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
Ladies and Gentlemen, you will be no doubt enraged and depressed to hear that this weekends UKB Pissup will be feature a guest appearance from one time poster and serial downgrader, the one and only Le Grande Ventre himself - Sloper.

Be prepared to be entertained by such riveting tales as "When I was on a VS in Wales and got a bit off line and ended up 70ft up an E5", "When I sandbagged Dave Graham in Font", "When I engaged Johhny Dawes in a bout of naked Greco-Roman wrestling (Private School rules)" and many others*.   

Please ensure that your piss taking engines have been specially tuned and are running at maximum boost pressure for this most momentous of occasions as they will no doubt be exercised fully.

NB. Anyone who is actually enraged and depressed about this I heartily recommend that you console yourselves with the fact that it is only for one evening and not for the weekend which is the truly delightful option that I have undertaken for your dubious pleasure.

*Some of these examples may have exaggerated or even completely made up to make this post sound better than it is!

Sounds like I'm going to miss a good night out, but sadly I'll be in London sticking upholstery pins into Pandas.......

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
I reckon I met Sloper (can't be that many Peak-based boulderers who smoke cigars at the crag) at Stanage when all the snow was there. Seemed like a nice guy, encouraging and only made one comment about "lefties". Reminded me how much internet forums can bring out the worst in people.

I might come but I don't drink so not particularly psyched for the pub. Is there some kind of pre-pissup climbing planned?

grumpybearpants

I met up with sloper in London for a few drinks a few years back. He told a story about when he was on a VS in Wales and got a bit off line and ended up 70ft up an E5. Not sure if he has told anyone else but a very good story.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I've met Sloper loads of times, he's a cunt.  :beer2:

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
Seemed like a nice guy, encouraging and only made one comment about "lefties". Reminded me how much internet forums can bring out the worst in people.

Leaving us to put down his tent in Font which upon closer inspection didn't only stink like it'd had the sweaty oaf in it all week but had also been the pissing ground for half of the peak district's cats tends to bring out the worst in me  :sick:

I'll look forward to catching up with the old Pheasant Plucker!

:D

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
I reckon I met Sloper (can't be that many Peak-based boulderers who smoke cigars at the crag) at Stanage when all the snow was there. Seemed like a nice guy, encouraging and only made one comment about "lefties". Reminded me how much internet forums can bring out the worst in people.

I might come but I don't drink so not particularly psyched for the pub. Is there some kind of pre-pissup climbing planned?

Now you mention it I think I had a similar experience when meeting a well-spoken fellow at Burbage North. I had my[size=0pt] suspicions and the penny finally dropped when he blazed up a cigar.

Not sure what my plans are tomorrow - in the interests of getting / keeping my pass out I'm spending the day time with my good lady, but could pop over for a look at that new Heeley Boudler if it's dry / anyone fancies it?

[/size]

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Quote from: Andy Poppmeister
Now we just need the second coming of the Dark Lord, aka Houdini.

That would be amazing... I'll never forget his first post. Crazy, twisted stuff...

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Someone raise a half of weissbier in my honour,  :please:

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
    • blog of butters

Leaving us to put down his tent in Font which upon closer inspection didn't only stink like it'd had the sweaty oaf in it all week but had also been the pissing ground for half of the peak district's cats tends to bring out the worst in me  :sick:

I had somehow forgotten that - thanks so much for the reminder!  :-\

No doubt that Font story will get a good airing tomorrow night along with a critique of his exquisite dress sense on the day of my 40th on the same trip.  ;)

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
I bumped into Sloper at the recent crag clean up that is Tremfest. He was his usual affable self; it was good to see him again.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Have fun gents.... wish I could join you.

underground

• forum hero
Have fun gents.... wish I could join you.
Likewise shippers, although I'll be getting my ratface on in Whaley Bridge ... Please stay up caning till 4am in my honour  :great:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
wish I hadn't bothered

bunch of cvnts

;)

that bloke with the tiny head was proper freaky

I only managed to steal 2 or 3 drinks before someone noticed

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
My hands are shredded from pissed up ascents of (and attempts on) the new Heeley boulder. That rotten shark stuff smelled as bad as it's description.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
It was bloody awful - I instantly regretted my bravado at wanting to try some.

Good to see everyone, had a great night...right up to the point where I left my phone in the taxi from The Sheaf to the train station.  :furious:

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
    • blog of butters
My hands are shredded from pissed up ascents of (and attempts on) the new Heeley boulder.

That was very amusing to say the least - what was not so amusing was finding out at 2AM this morning that I had left my cigarettes there resulting in walking back to retrieve the bloody things.  ::)

Plattsy

• forum hero
I can still smell and taste the shark. It got worse with each piece.

Good night. Very funny.

Take it you haven't got your phone back Tom.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Can't believe that happened after we were discussing leaving your phone in a taxi earlier in the evening.

Don't need to worry about the crack in the screen now anyway..... :(

tommytwotone

• forum hero
So...kudos to Mercury taxis, callled them yesetrday and the driver has found (and kept hold of my phone).

Turns out they're not allowed to keep lost property, so they offered to get him to drop it at the police station...when I mentioned that wasn't going the be the best solution they've passed on my number to him so hoping he'll give me a call and I can arrange getting it back.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
I lost my phone as well yesterday, in this occasion....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal