UKBouldering.com

Warming up indoors prior to projects outdoors. (Read 2337 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
What would be the maximum time between the indoor warm-up and getting on the outdoor project, assuming that one is travelling in a warm car and keeping warm on walk-ins etc??

fiveknuckle21

• menacing presence
 I always try to get on the fingerboard for twenty minutes or so before I head out. Its good whether the crags forty minutes or an hour or forty minutes away because at least then you've put a bit of stress on your fingers... Useful especially if youre going to crags where there isnt much easy stuff to warm up on.

rodma

• forum hero
What would be the maximum time between the indoor warm-up and getting on the outdoor project, assuming that one is travelling in a warm car and keeping warm on walk-ins etc??

I even find light campussing the day before makes my warm-up easier when getting to the crag (esp. important if there isn't really very much to warm up on)

When at comps, on the rare occasion that i qualified, i only needed about 10mins to rewarm up and that's with about 4hours inactivity

it normally takes me about an hour or more to get proparly warmed up after a rest day or inactivity or whatever, so anything which can shorten this process is beneficial.

mark s

• junky
we used to do this years ago.
we would go the hayloft wall in buxton,get warm then drive straight to begginers wall to try lets get physical.we were only car bound for 5 or 10 minutes so doesnt really answer your question

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
^^ Did Chapel in Macc then Gib Tor today, about 40 minute ride. Way better than yesterday there trying to warm up from cold at 0*C.
I'd guess that an hour before would still give significant benefit, much longer don't know.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
That's what I was thinking, an hour or so. I was wondering whether there was a maximum time before muscles started shutting down or going into recovery mode??

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
I think that even if you warmed up more than an hour ago it makes it much easier to re-warm second time round.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal