UKBouldering.com

Bristol area to Peak/Dinas Rock - weekday day bouldering trips (Read 631 times)

cha1n

• forum hero
Bristol area to Peak/Dinas Rock - weekday day bouldering trips

Wondering if anyone is keen to get up to the Peak/Dinas Rock for some day trips on Mondays or Wednesdays (and potentially weekends as well).

I'm guessing it's pretty much limestone season now as I hate climbing on warm grit (don't have the skin for it). The car would have to be pretty full to make it cost effective, say at least 3 people. I have climbed up to 7B in a session so will be looking to go at stuff around that sort of difficulty.

I'm actually based in Dursley which is North of Bristol but there is a direct train from Bristol to here (Cam station) for non-drivers but that would obviously make it more expensive for the non-drivers when factoring in splitting fuel and train tickets... For drivers, there are lots of laybys and places to meet near the M5 junctions on the way up.

*** Some irrelevant information about my knackered finger but I'd typed it before realising it was so ***

I had switched to routes this year what with winter being over but an A2 pulley injury on my right hand is making it a right faff to climb routes as I invariably find out half way up the route that there's a small crimp that I can't open-hand and have to strip it with a clip stick. Bouldering is a lot easier to determine if it's climbable without crimping from the ground, hence my decision to stick to bouldering for now.

If anyone reads this and thinks "this guy is screwed on Peak Limestone if he can't crimp and is wasting his time" then please let me know and save me the trip! Ha!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal