UKBouldering.com

Trym Valley Gorge conditions (Read 1869 times)

crimp

Trym Valley Gorge conditions
April 15, 2013, 05:03:48 pm
Had to go pick up tablets for the old dog today (she is nearing the end, bless her).

Decided to spice up walk over with bit of a boulder/bumble around trym valley gorge.

I know most of you will go where the hell is that? But thought i would put a short conditions report up. It doesn't get much traffic. That was evidenced by finding a genuine old school floppy disc tucked into a crack at the foot gorams chimney.

Most of the rock is pretty clean and currently dry.
There is some ivy encroachment, due to lack of traffic.
No sign of rockfalls.
Approaches and tops currently very muddy. Take a tarp for base of climbs, and take care on the exits.
Looks like shiny newish hangers on armistice wall. If short powerful sport routes are your thing, game on. Wall has some wet streaks, but not too bad today.
If going to gorams chair, please take a bag and carry some of the rubbish out with you. I know it's not climbers rubbish. I took some out today, but there's plenty more.

I think that's it. Oh and woodpeckers are very busy there. Very pleasant and relaxing.

crimp

#1 Re: Trym Valley Gorge conditions
April 25, 2013, 02:48:02 pm
Tomorrow, I've got to go to vets again for some more palliative painkillers for the old dog, bless her.

Will go to Trym Valley Gorge again.

So. Not likely, but the offer is there:

if you've had your eye on wave no white flag, and want a belayer?

If you've had your eye burnt offerings and need someone to phone an ambulance?

If you're a new local, and would just like a crag tour?

Hit me up. I'll be over Trym tomorrow.

Adge

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal