UKBouldering.com

[South Lakes][Fairy Steps][Mook Squad[7C] (Read 2027 times)

Greg C

• forum hero

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Looks decent to me.

davej

• obsessive maniac
  • up yours baby
yet again a great looking problem by Greg :great:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Nice Greg. How's access at present?

Greg C

• forum hero
Exchanged a few emails with Les about this recently. He keeps trying to communicate but, from what I can make out,  they are pretty uninterested in a dialogue.

Basically, no real change: Dalham Estate officially still only allow access to 50m either side of the steps. However, for practical reasons, they don't really enforce this - for those who don't know the upper tier of the crag runs parallel to a public right-of-way. As the lower tier is densely hidden by trees the access stance here is also ill-enforced (best to approach from above - less chance of being seen). Shucks is still the place you are most likely to be kicked off, generally on the approach. Having said that, everyone who has been approached by 'land managers' always seems to have been met with a fairly friendly request to leave. Guess they're just doing their job and have no real intrest to get into a conflict.

So in a nut shell: go where you like, but if you are unlucky enough to be asked to leave (pretty unlikely) do so in a polite manner and return at a later date. This also seems to be the BMCs unofficial position from what I can tell.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Thanks for the update.  Pretty much in status quo from when I last spoke to Les.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal