UKBouldering.com

Lanzarote??? (Read 1580 times)

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
Lanzarote???
April 03, 2013, 02:46:38 am
I am going on a family holiday but wondered if it might be worth taking my shoes for if I get a spare afternoon or two? Anybody been and climbed there? I have checked on the crag list on the other channel but that doesnt bring much up (1 crag, 17 climbs, not sure of the quality!) Wouldnt be taking a pad with me so hiring a pad or a popular area with friendly locals could be a bonus as well!

mikester

• regular
#1 Re: Lanzarote???
April 03, 2013, 04:27:40 pm
There's only really one spot for bouldering, but it's pretty good and worthy of packing your shoes. I've climbed there loads over the last few years and quite rate it for a quick hit or to keep your hand in. The rock is bullet hard in most places, though occasionally dusty. The problems are generally steep and crimpy with lots of eliminates, links and sit-starts to add a bit of variety, with a good range of grades to keep most people busy. It's a nice quiet spot (don't expect to meet any locals) but can get roasting because it faces south-east, so I've tended to climb there very early, late, or when it's cloudy/windy. A small pad is useful, but there are some random bits of grotty foam knocking around that will work OK for a couple of visits. Most of the landings are flat and dusty/sandy and the climbing's a sensible height, except for a couple of spicy highballs.
With any luck this'll show you how to get there...

Have a bit more info, including an old pdf topo, but you're as best following your nose when you get there.

ducko

• junky
#2 Re: Lanzarote???
April 05, 2013, 11:07:57 pm
i tried finding this place when i was there.. no luck

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal