UKBouldering.com

Another Font with kids thread (Read 1392 times)

ianv

• forum abuser
Another Font with kids thread
April 01, 2013, 03:11:41 pm
So looking like I will be going next week for a long weekend with my son. What's good for kids other than the usual suspects (elephant, Sabots). Ideally something like sabots would be good but without the crowds.

I read somewhere that an area called Feuillardiere is good for kids but I have no idea where it is, can anyone help with directions?

Cheers

fried

• forum hero
#1 Re: Another Font with kids thread
April 01, 2013, 04:36:46 pm
How old's your son?

Dr T

• forum hero
#2 Re: Another Font with kids thread
April 01, 2013, 04:47:02 pm
area called Feuillardiere is good for kids

Yes it is - but depends on the age - Feuillardiere is a 29 problem circuit for 5 - 8 year olds (most of the others are 8-12)

It's just north of Merciers but is more easily approach from the parking for Coquibus Auvergne instead of crossing the road head directly south for about 500m and it's right in front of you at the point where the path our on T junctions in with an East/West path

Jr T had a great time on it last week - a couple of the starts needed a folded pad (we just took a little satrter for him) but then again he is only 4 and quite a short 4 at that (I blame Mrs T's genes)

The new Jingo Wobbly guide is actually pretty good with kids circuits in mind - I've always been generally wary of the Jingo guides (the Southern Softstone one was worse than useless) but this new one is good.

For info we took Jr T (who is about 1m short) to Merciers too but a number of the problems just started too high - he did do quite a few though and had fun...

ianv

• forum abuser
#3 Re: Another Font with kids thread
April 01, 2013, 06:25:52 pm
Kids 9, reasonably strong. Steep and juggy is good if anyone knows of anything that suits.

Dr T

• forum hero
#4 Re: Another Font with kids thread
April 01, 2013, 07:04:39 pm
Kids 9, reasonably strong. Steep and juggy is good if anyone knows of anything that suits.

ok so definitely not Feuillardiere

not too sure of many places in Font that are steep and juggy....

French schools aren't off this week or next (just today) so crowded shouldn't be too much of a problem - assuming you don't go on a Wednesday afternoon...

fried

• forum hero
#5 Re: Another Font with kids thread
April 01, 2013, 07:37:21 pm
The thing about childrens circuits is that they don't really do juggy and steep, they are often more technically demanding than yellow circuits. This can be a problem if you don't have the reach to start some of the adults' circuits.

The white at Rocher canon is good as is Apremonts Bizon although the latter might be a bit dingy at this time of year.

If the kids have got a bit of reach you could try some yellows, such as the 'F' circuit at Buthiers piscine or maybe the yellow at rocher des potets.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal