UKBouldering.com

Lakes / Lancs bouldery goodness up to 7c (Read 1518 times)

205Chris

• forum hero
Lakes / Lancs bouldery goodness up to 7c
March 23, 2013, 07:06:21 pm
Assuming snowmageddon doesn't continue, I'm off to the Lake District for Easter Weekend. We're staying in Rusland (between Coniston & Windermere) and I'm looking for bouldering suggestions up to 7C.

I might be the only boulderer there so I'm keen to avoid anything with an epic walk in. Been to St. Bees a few times but hoping to explore other areas.

I'll be in striking distance of Trowbarrow, where Vitruvian Man would be on the list. Anything else here I should look out for?

I'm aware of the Lakesbloc top 50 list, just wondering if there were any other gems I should look out for?

Hit me with some knowledge UKB.

georgenorth

• regular
Assuming the snow melts then my top tips for the solo boulderer based in Rusland would be:
Eskdale - Rob's Wall and Strong Arete. Possibly Diamond Reign, although a spotter would be good.
Duddon Valley - Once Upon a time in the West and variations. Make sure you take Greg's video. It's 7B with the beta and much harder without! Fantastic problem if not snowy. Screwball Scramble a bit further up the hill is also worthwhile.
Fleswick Bay and boulders. The Trash Vortex is great fun and the circuit of 7s on the boulders beyond the bay is really good. Excellent landings but needs a mid to low tide.
If you go to Trowbarrow then Texas Hold 'Em is excellent.
If WOTR is dry (should be)then there's shed loads to go at there. Angel Deelite (all 3 finishes), Turbulence, Paroxysm (hard!), Super Star DJ... are the classics.
Farleton - The Coil, New Rose (2 pads) and The Wrath of Khan.

Should keep you busy for a few days!

205Chris

• forum hero
Thanks George, some great looking suggestions there.

Once Upon a Time in the West does look rather good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal