the shizzle > shootin' the shit

Cars, Cars, Fucking CARS !!

(1/264) > >>

shark:
Fucking run flat tyres

After epic recovery trauma from Malham 10 days ago ordered a replacement for one of the other tyres which had low tread. It was due to be fitted on Thursday but it chose to go down today on the M42 near Solihull today. Didnt feel stable enough to run on so got recovery out who ran me to the local BMW dealership where tyre cost £318 instead of £270. Cancelled meetings in Swansea (room cost £100 forfeited) and went home (£30? in diesel). Absolute waste of time, money and energy. Should have stayed in bed.  >:( 

andyd:

--- Quote from: shark on March 19, 2013, 08:11:15 pm ---Fucking run flat tyres
Solihull

--- End quote ---
I feel your pain. Neither are conducive to a good day. My new car has normal tyres with a spare the same size and I'm made up. Run flats and low profile tyres are a step back in motoring evolution.

shark:

--- Quote from: andyd on March 19, 2013, 08:22:32 pm ---My new car has normal tyres with a spare the same size and I'm made up. Run flats and low profile tyres are a step back in motoring evolution.

--- End quote ---

:agree:

And I can't change to normal tyres because there's no space for a spare

andy_e:
Got shot of the 1 series Andy? Or are you Berlingoed?

Paul B:

--- Quote from: andyd on March 19, 2013, 08:22:32 pm ---I feel your pain. Neither are conducive to a good day. My new car has normal tyres with a spare the same size and I'm made up. Run flats and low profile tyres are a step back in motoring evolution.

--- End quote ---

I went through two low profiles in a week last year. One coming back from Malham where a stray block of limestone claimed the rear sidewall and the second which I punctured between Malham and Kilnsey in a frustrated bid to switch from the seepage infested cove to an unlikely drier kilnsey with limited light available, at speed!

I've never changed a tyre so quickly and ended up with one of the most unlikely RPs ever after declaring in frustration that the route was shit, British weather was shit and I was stripping the thing for the last time.

I was still pissed off on the way home..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version