the shizzle > shootin' the shit

Cars, Cars, Fucking CARS !!

<< < (2/265) > >>

Fiend:

--- Quote from: Paul B on March 20, 2013, 01:07:39 am ---I was still pissed off on the way home..

--- End quote ---

LOL, brilliant.

tomtom:

--- Quote from: shark on March 19, 2013, 10:22:07 pm ---
--- Quote from: andyd on March 19, 2013, 08:22:32 pm ---My new car has normal tyres with a spare the same size and I'm made up. Run flats and low profile tyres are a step back in motoring evolution.

--- End quote ---

:agree:

And I can't change to normal tyres because there's no space for a spare

--- End quote ---

Thats daft. They replace the spare with a tin of puncture repair goo and a good luck charm*
Can you get a space saver for it? is there a semi dint where it would go? (space savers better than run flats imho..)

*probably far more effective than the aerosol of repair goo

SA Chris:

--- Quote from: shark on March 19, 2013, 08:11:15 pm ---Fucking run flat tyres

After epic recovery trauma from Malham 10 days ago ordered a replacement for one of the other tyres which had low tread. It was due to be fitted on Thursday but it chose to go down today on the M42 near Solihull today. Didnt feel stable enough to run on so got recovery out who ran me to the local BMW dealership where tyre cost £318 instead of £270. Cancelled meetings in Swansea (room cost £100 forfeited) and went home (£30? in diesel). Absolute waste of time, money and energy. Should have stayed in bed.  >:(

--- End quote ---

Still, not going to Swansea; worth it IMO :)

andyd:

--- Quote from: andy_e on March 19, 2013, 10:55:42 pm ---Got shot of the 1 series Andy? Or are you Berlingoed?

--- End quote ---
I'm rid of the ever failing laguna with shitty low profile tyres that destroy the suspension, which in turn, tears strips off the wall of the tyre in some kind of tit-for tat-battle of the wheel arch.
I now have a beautiful, tight handling, chick magnet, pimping big booted Berlingo

tomtom:
(probably the wrong thread for this) but tyres were one of the reasons I moved from the 320d to a diesel golf. Even with mainly motorway miles, I was getting 20-25K out of four boots on the BMW - and at £150+ a pop thats a fair chunk.. Fronts on the golf look like they'll need replacing at 40+K (presently 35) and the rears look like they've never been touched (they're c.£75 a go).

Brother in law bought a MiniCooper D, and asked for lower spec wheels and alloys, as while the chunkier rubber was less street cred, he said it was quieter, better ride and the rubber sticks out over the edge of the alloy - instead of the other (expensive) way around..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version