UKBouldering.com

New Anasazi VCS and Blackwings (Read 7909 times)

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
New Anasazi VCS and Blackwings
March 15, 2013, 08:41:59 pm
BF are now selling new Anasazi VCS (not sure about the colour, myself) and Blackwings! New Balckwings look pretty sweet. Proper Dragon heel on now so maybe they will be velcro Dragons as promised????? Anyone tried either of them? Are the new C4 Anasazi VCS narrow like the blancos?

http://www.bananafingers.co.uk/five-ten-anasazi-vcs-c4-p-1906.html
http://www.bananafingers.co.uk/fiveten-blackwing-p-945.html

dave

#1 Re: New Anasazi VCS and Blackwings
March 15, 2013, 08:45:39 pm
Those velcros are a rip-off.

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
#2 Re: New Anasazi VCS and Blackwings
March 15, 2013, 08:57:25 pm
I personally wouldn't want them to change the vcs but new blackwings could be promising.

thrashhard

• player
#3 Re: New Anasazi VCS and Blackwings
March 16, 2013, 11:01:03 am
They donīt change the VCS they are now just also building one with Stealth C4 for all those pussys whoa re always complaining about the Onyxx Rubber. But i donīt see a reason for paying more for them. indeed a total rip off.

The Blackwings new color is a total improvment in my eyes. they also redesigned the heel to be fully rubber inside and outside, so now itīs the same as on the Wms version and the Dragon.

georgenorth

• regular
#4 Re: New Anasazi VCS and Blackwings
March 16, 2013, 11:46:49 am
 I think the Anasazi VCS C4 is actually the same price (RRP) (if not cheaper!) than the Onyxx VCS. It's just that there's some very competitive prices around on the Onyxx model at the moment!

thrashhard

• player
#5 Re: New Anasazi VCS and Blackwings
March 16, 2013, 11:54:14 am
they are 4,50 more on BF just click the link

georgenorth

• regular
#6 Re: New Anasazi VCS and Blackwings
March 16, 2013, 12:49:25 pm
I did open the link thanks. I was talking about the RRP (unusually not shown on BF's site) rather than the price they are actually being sold at.

dave

#7 New Anasazi VCS and Blackwings
March 16, 2013, 01:00:16 pm
Just to clarify, the rip-off comment was a Velcro gag.

tomtom

• forum hero
#8 New Anasazi VCS and Blackwings
March 16, 2013, 03:49:00 pm
Just to clarify, the rip-off comment was a Velcro gag.

Just as well you let people know about the hook. It could have sent folk loopy.

cha1n

• forum hero
#9 Re: New Anasazi VCS and Blackwings
March 17, 2013, 08:30:24 am
Thanks for sharing.

The Blackwing doesn't really lool like it's changed much, they've changed the perforations on the rand rubber (inside edge) and like you said, they've changed the heel. I didn't like the old heel but many people didn't mind the material patch on the inside as it accommodated a wider heel so some people might be cursing the change of heel. It's a shame these shoes are so narrow as they are sooo close to being a Jet 7.

The Anasazi C4 could be interesting for me. if you look at this photo of the new VCS; http://www.bananafingers.co.uk/images/Five_Ten_Anasazi_VCS_Blue_4.jpg

they look a slightly flatter and less pointy at the tip to the tan ones;  http://fiveten.com/images/stories/jreviews/52_101607_1260300361.jpg

Now it could just be the angle of the photos but it'd be great (for me) if they've altered the last slightly!

tomtom

• forum hero
#10 Re: New Anasazi VCS and Blackwings
March 17, 2013, 08:49:25 am
More seriously... so the only difference between the Purple (new) and Brown (old) VCS is that the purple use C4 rubber and brown Onyx (the brown formerly using C4)... yes?

So what is the difference between C4 and Onyx..? Having had a fairly long chain of VCS's.. (at least 5) I suspect the older ones were C4 and newer are certainly Onyx - and I'm not sure I can really tell any difference...

dave

#11 New Anasazi VCS and Blackwings
March 17, 2013, 09:19:56 am
I've never really been able to tell a difference between c4 and onyx.

On a serious note, please tell me that they're not discontinuing the tan velcros?

thrashhard

• player
#12 Re: New Anasazi VCS and Blackwings
March 17, 2013, 10:03:38 am
Thanks for sharing.

The Anasazi C4 could be interesting for me. if you look at this photo of the new VCS; http://www.bananafingers.co.uk/images/Five_Ten_Anasazi_VCS_Blue_4.jpg

they look a slightly flatter and less pointy at the tip to the tan ones;  http://fiveten.com/images/stories/jreviews/52_101607_1260300361.jpg

Now it could just be the angle of the photos but it'd be great (for me) if they've altered the last slightly!

I think thats just because of the color. Like darker colors make you slim and bright color make you look fat. Ask your girlfriend she knows what iīm talking about  :lol:

There is a slight difference between C4 and Onyxx. Itīs about the same as with the XS Edge and XS Grip2 stuff. Some people care, some donīt.
I donīt.
Even if I do notice a difference i donīt think it effects my climbingskills (how could it. iīm awesome).  :strongbench:

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
#13 Re: New Anasazi VCS and Blackwings
March 17, 2013, 11:47:41 am
Purple.. fucking purple, bell ends  :slap:. Been waiting for them to come back with c4, 'cause its def better than onxy stuff, and now looks like the only option is to go goth. 
Anasazi with dragon heel in tan and c4... Simples 5.10!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal