UKBouldering.com

Power Club week 156 Mon 4th Feb - Sun 10th Feb (Read 10506 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Shop around - get on jobs.ac.uk I know in my 'area' there are 30+ fully funded PhD's going nationwide.. its been like that for a few months.. bonkers. Most years potential students'd scratch around for one. You may get a place elsewhere - better - or at least have some leverage to speed up the process in your own choice of institution...

EDIT - thats 48 adverts in my area for PhD's on jobs.ac.uk - thats adverts - some are for several PhDs... crazy.

Dolly

• forum hero
Walked to work (4 miles) in the snow on Tuesday, then Foundry at lunchtime
Was (and still am) ill the rest of the week so have done nothing apart from lie on the sofa

chillax

• forum abuser
Back on the wagon here. Sprained ankle pretty badly about a month ago. Thought I'd start contributing to this again to keep track of what I've been doing.

STG: Rehab ankle
MTG: E4 and boulder 7a+ again at home (Ireland)
LTG: E7, boulder 7c (and A4+, though I don't think that falls under the remit of this thread!)

Mon: Gym. Arms + shoulders + core + stationary bike for 45 mins
Tues: Gym. Back + chest + core + stationary bike 1hr
Wed: Fingerboard. Repeaters and crimp deadhangs.
Thurs: Nothing.
Fri: Gym.Arms + shoulders + core +stationary bike 1 hr.
Sat: Gym. Back + chest + core + stationary bike 1 hr
Sun: Top rope a 5.7 one-legged. Feels about .11a Haven't felt as shit at climbing in a very long time, but its the first bit of rock I've touched in over a month, so happy enough.

Been hitting the gym hard for about three weeks and on the Saturday my elbows start complaining. Plan is to quit weights for a while and focus on core and stationary bike, as its the only cardio exercise I can do with a gimped foot. And I need to burn off the Pudge acquired in the United Saturated fats of America last year.

webbo

• forum hero
Mon. Dumbell weight session, bench press 3 x10 20k, bent over rows 30 3 x 10.
Tue. Turbo 5 mins on 1 min off x 5
Wed. Rockcity  20 easy problems followed by dead hanging 10 diffrent combinations x 3 6 secs hangs. Injured finger felt ok.
Thu. Turbo 1 min on 1 min off x10.
Fri. Rockcity same session as wed.
Sat. Bike 3hrs 20 mins.
Sun. Weights highlights benchpress 1 x75k deadlift 2 x100k. Turbo 5 x5 min on 1 min off increasing resistance each minute.

Finger feels like it improving. a bit stiff sore after climbing/ deadhanging but eases after icing massage etc. Also lost 5 lbs in last 2 weeks doing 5 and 2 fasting diet. 

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Great effort The Keel Tom!

M-T - Nowt but work
F - Flew to Barca met up with the boys
S - Valley Crags @ Siurana, very wobbly but did five routes up to 6b
S - Montsant five routes to 6b

Started to climb better since, but that's for next week's report.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal