UKBouldering.com

Bolt Clipping in May/June (Read 1205 times)

James Malloch

• forum hero
Bolt Clipping in May/June
January 31, 2013, 09:01:44 am
I'm thinking of going out to Europe somewhere for some Sport in late May or early June as I've a week of holidays to use before July. It clashes with most of my friends exam periods so thought I'd see on here if anyone was interested.

I'm open to locations and I should be consistent in the low 7's by then. Happy to belay on anything though.

If anyone is in the same kind of boat then let me know!

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#1 Re: Bolt Clipping in May/June
January 31, 2013, 06:23:11 pm
I've also got a tonne of holiday to use up before July.  I am off to Turkey in February and would be up for more foreign bolt clipping after a suitable break.  No preference re location but not sure where would be non-scorchio in May-June - shady bits of Catalunya, the higher French stuff? 

If no-where suits or it falls through, I would also be up for lots of UK bolt clipping too - either prolonged spells, or lots of long weekends and the odd mid-week day.  Quite keen to see off all some of my Yorkshire projects, try some peak stuff, maybe even a trip to Wales or Portland? 

James Malloch

• forum hero
#2 Re: Bolt Clipping in May/June
January 31, 2013, 07:07:34 pm
Yeah that kind of thing could work for me. I'm of to Chorro in March and would be boog to keep the training up after that with something to aim for. I had thought about the UK and it could be good, though it was the potential weather that put me off. Could be a goer (my car engine went though so as long as yours is still going).

In Europe I'd thought about Ceues possibly (7000ft altitude) or somewhere close by. Even some parts of spain, I was climbing at desplomandia in 35 degrees heat very happily as it's in the shade. I've 6 or 7 days left to book off at the moment I think.

I'll be keen for some weekends at malham when the conditions are good too if you fancy it? I'm busy the next two weekend but think I'm pretty much free until chorro on the 19th March.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#3 Re: Bolt Clipping in May/June
January 31, 2013, 08:35:55 pm
Never been to the Ceuse area and would be up for that.  Other options would be Catlunya (if there is anything at non-hero grades), Ariege, somewhere Alpine.  If getting somewhere abroad fails, I'm sure there are some perma-dry crags in the UK we could go to - hell, I'd be up for just a campaign in Malham / Kilnsey / Raven etc.  Presumably some of the Welsh stuff is rain-proof too?  Transport would not be a problem - my car is still going strong and I don't mind driving. 

Short term, I'm in Turkey whilst you are busy anyway (back on 17th Feb), no plans after that - let me know if you are up for some Yorkshire lime action any non-baltic weekend.   We can maybe plan a trip abroad then.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#4 Re: Bolt Clipping in May/June
February 01, 2013, 08:26:25 am
Sounds good to me, I've no plans any weekend after the 17th that I know of so can hopefully get on some Limestone, very keen to get out. Can plan things from then I guess.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal