UKBouldering.com

Swollen Feet Beta (and shameless shoe blag) (Read 1260 times)

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
Swollen Feet Beta (and shameless shoe blag)
January 28, 2013, 12:37:05 pm
Ok this is a bit of a strange one but I'm suffering from a serious case of chilblains on both my feet at the moment meaning that putting my feet into my usual boots is not dissimilar to sanding them with an angle grinder!

I've not managed to find a solution as yet, the doc prescribed balimosa that's a bit shit and isn't to be used once they've split (oh yes they're that bad :sick:). I've tried taping, socks, plasters, bandages, massage, heat... To no avail..

I've even taken to wearing my Teams (!!!) as they're the softest things I own but there's no respite.

So I'd like to know does anyone have any ideas what can be done (apart from not climbing when it's cold - not gonna happen)..?

Or alternatively does anyone in Sheff have a pair of size 10 or 10.5 boots (usually wear an 8.5 Anasazi) that are already broken in that they'd be happy to part company with (for free of for a nominal fee would be amazing :-[) - don't care what type just big enough to allow me to climb in and aren't full of holes (actually I suppose I could always get a resole if the uppers are in half decent nick)...

Cheers,

:D

Ally Smith

• obsessive maniac
I think i've still got a pair of pinks in that size range you'd be welcome to, but i'm not 100% as i had a big clear-out before xmas.

I'll have a dig around when i get home.

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
If you do that'd be amazing...

Cheers,

:D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal