UKBouldering.com

Power Club week 152 Mon 7th Jan - Sun 13th Jan (Read 11918 times)

csl

• junky
Goals for Jan

Start climbing regularly again
at least twice a week at Kelsey Kerridge
one fingerboard session a week.
Enter Bouldering competition 2/2/2013 and come top 10.

Mon- Run 8.5km in 37mins.
Tue- nowt
Wed- KK - Ok session, very busy. Got a V4 i couldn't do the session before first go. Worked on some V6's, close on one. Repeated lots of easier problems.
Thur- nowt
Fri- KK - Working a new eliminate thing, about V5/6. Repeated lots of easier problems again.
Sat- Park run - 11th in 19:20
Sun- Run 13.2km in 1hr10. Slow pace with a mate. Fingerboard - long warm up, made some wooden holds and hung off jugs. Then 3x10secs hangs open hand, front 3 and tried on back 3. Really weak on back three, could only manage 3x6secs on quite a big rung. Then invert rows, 5x10seconds holding locked out. 3 sets.

Weighed in at 74.3kg aiming to be 70kg by may. 

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
STG: A couple of 7bs before this grit season is rounded off
MTG: Underhand
LTG: Get some stamina in preparation for the start of trad season

M:
T:
W: Comp at the The Barn. Should have secured 4th place (only because very few other people have turned up for each round I might add!).
T:
F: Headtorch session on Underhand. Got everything wired up until the last hand movement into the big slot. Think I've seen some better foot beta so keen to get back and utilise this.
S: Lantern session at Ilkley Rocky Valley. Ticked off my second 7b fairly quickly, Energy Follows Thought.
S:

Overall a very good week for me for getting out. Keen to continue this. Hoping to come back with a less dicky shoulder after a weeks skiing in a few weeks time.

The Wall is dead! Long live the lantern!

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
STG- 7A and E2 on grit this season.
MTG- 7B, 7b and E3 in 2013

M- Notts Depot. New circuit board PB (second week running  :dance1:), pleasing performance on new pinks.
T- Rest
W- Day off work to take advantage of good forecast. Rewarded with stunning conditions at Curbar above a cloud inversion. Naturally I spent the entire day hiding from it in the Warfare pit- 16 goes doing most of the problem each time. What I find to be the technical crux (controlling the swing of removing left heel from initial flake then hoiking it up onto the first sloper) has gone from an on-off, low percentage move to something I nail every time only to power out later. Best go sees me missing the crimp on top. Next session for sure.
T- Pushups.
F- Rest.
S- Curbar. Warfare. Drop move to crimps twice. Accept that my sequence for the final section is too powerful to do after the previous moves even though I can do it every time on it's own. Miss move to crimp as I'm holding the slot before it wrong. Next go. Make move to crimp. Get right on other crimp. Foot pops as I reach through to the big good edge- literally the last point it's feasible to fall off the fucker.  :( Bystander reports I had my foot right on the edge of a huge bomber smearable area, which I've never once done before. Can barely move on it on susequent go so opt for nice walk along Baslow and Curbar instead.
S- Rest.

As pitiable as my struggles with GW might sound, I think it's actually doing my climbing a lot of good. I picked it because it's a grit 7A that plays to my strengths (no crimps, long rather than cruxy, thugginess that can be overcome with body tension, not really very grit-like) but it does work at least one of my weaknesses- I have to cut loose in the middle of it, something I've always striven to avoid. I can feel it improving my power endurance and strength and the amount of tries I'm able to give it in a session is very encouraging too. Next session for sure.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:41:03 pm by cheque »

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
  • I'm not actually much of a lad.
Have you tried a left heel on the hurricane starting holds cheque? Don't know how tall you are but I can leave that in with my Right hand on the sloper (Although I have been told I'm lanky...) Have seen some smaller people do it this way too without much of a cut loose?

tomtom

• forum hero
Cheque, GW is a nails 7A IMHO.. Campusy, lots on the arms and shoulders.. (Not my strengths) quite a few people find early doors easier...

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
- literally the last point it's feasible to fall off the fucker

you think? Many moons ago I had the top but was trying to top out straight up above the block rather than moving slightly left, got pumped (and scared) and dropped off.  Not technically a fall (which would have been messy) I know but still a fail from the jaws of victory.  It would have been my first 7a but Green Traverse took the honour instead and apart from a few at Longridge (spot the theme?), it remained my only one for ages and it was well over 10 years before I eventually returned to complete it being aghast at the mistake I'd made upon topping out

Good Luck next time out.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Thanks csl

11.9-11.11 (last week 11.9-11.12)

Mon. 
Tues. Eve. Weighted deadhangs, assisted one armers and offset pull ups
Weds. 
Thurs. Eve disasterous weighted deadhangs @ +42.5kg with 7 secs then 3secs so gave in. A set of side-on offset pullups then had another go with the weighted hangs and did 10secs !!then another 10 !!! then another 10. YYFY New Level. A set of offset pulls to finish   
Fri. 
Sat. eatswood with DD. Great conditions. 4 redpoints reaching finger rail at end and on last go matching it but unable to make last (5b) pop  :w00t:. Got home buzzzing and started doing front levers, pistols and dips in the hall until my son accused me of being mainic. Had a bath and fell asleep in it.
Sun.

Great week. Abstinence ended on Weds evening :-[ followed by further lapses on Friday and Saturday eve. Surprised at my stamina on the traverse given that I have only been doing strength work this winter.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
M - deadhangs, another PB. TGUs bought some weights

T - TGUs & deadlifts
w
T - Secret Garden - thorough warm up then did Left Hand Man second go after skidding off post crux first go; Plantation - shut down on Brad Pit, looked at Silk SS (I mean all you do is stand up, slap, slap and you're into the stand, how hard can it be?  Very hard it turns out! Did the stand again)

F - shit Terrace session, couldn't do Sitting In Oxford or Striker LH either  :furious: TGUs & deadlifts

S - TGUs & Deadlifts, big plank session evening

S - only got out at 3, blasted round a Trackside circuit for an hour, managed Dan's Wall at last.

elbow seems generally a bit worse than last week but better for a short non-strenuous session today

205Chris

• forum hero
couldn't do Sitting In Oxford or Striker LH either

Join the club. I tried both of these when I thought I was going well and wasn't really close on either.

I think they're both pretty knacky one move problems as opinion on the difficulty seems to vary massively.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
I'd put Striker LH down to height so there goes that excuse, thanks a lot Chris  ;)

205Chris

• forum hero
I'd put Striker LH down to height so there goes that excuse, thanks a lot Chris  ;)

It's OK, I put it down to height too. It's too bunched for me.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
- literally the last point it's feasible to fall off the fucker

you think? Many moons ago I had the top but was trying to top out straight up above the block rather than moving slightly left, got pumped (and scared) and dropped off.  Not technically a fall (which would have been messy) I know but still a fail from the jaws of victory.  It would have been my first 7a but Green Traverse took the honour instead and apart from a few at Longridge (spot the theme?), it remained my only one for ages and it was well over 10 years before I eventually returned to complete it being aghast at the mistake I'd made upon topping out

Good Luck next time out.

Ditto - when I was working it I was trying the topout after I'd got the crux sorted (figured I'd better get it wired) and with hands on the top crimps one of them literally came off in my hand, catapulting me backwards virtually onto the head of the then-Mrs-Tone.

I found GW really, really hard - well out of my comfort zone. Strangely though, the day I eventually did it it went first go with no drama.  :shrug:

Definitely make sure you've got that topout sorted!

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Goals and shit:

5 x new Font 7as
Font 7b
Top 10 finish in one of the Leeds indoor bouldering leagues

M: Gym after work - chucked kettlebells about for a bit, core stuff inc. TGUs.
T: Long and stressful day after crap night's sleep worry about it. 4 pints of self-medication in the evening.
W: Nowt.
T: Riddled with guilt. Gym on lunch - kettlebell / core stuff - then Depot after work working new (sandbag) Purple V3-V4(!)s.
F: Gym on lunch - more kettlebell / core.
S: Nowt.
S: Baslow with tomtom, Grubes and James, brilliant day. Did Dirty Bitch (7a) 2nd go (IIFC) and Ripper (7a+) 4th go. Both play seriously to my strengths but I guess part of this game is choosing stuff that suits your style!

Duma

• forum hero
couldn't do Sitting In Oxford or Striker LH either

Join the club. I tried both of these when I thought I was going well and wasn't really close on either.

I think they're both pretty knacky one move problems as opinion on the difficulty seems to vary massively.
FWIW I thought they where both about right for their grades, sitting in oxford is a knack move though.

iain

• forum abuser
STG: Continue rehabing finger
MTG: Get in shape for font, 3x 7c+/8a before end of April now

M: Rest
T: Max hangs, assisted one armers
W: Max hangs
T: Rest
F: Rest
S: Max hangs, assisted one armers. Good, numbers improving.
S: started a session but didn't feel good. Should have followed Shark's example and kept going

Font trip in March is definitely on, so will continue current routine for 2 weeks, rest week then look at lopez type sessions. Hopefully finger will be back to normal then.

Work is getting in the way of any real climbing but aiming to at least get to a wall this week and not just hang off a fingerboard

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

S: started a session but didn't feel good. Should have followed Shark's example and kept going

Looking back I felt the same way about a similar deadhang session a couple of weeks ago where I started so badly I just stopped.

PM Weighted deadhangs. Overcooked it attempting 42.5kgs and was burnt after first hang.

BTW I wouldn't recommend doing max hangs on consecutive days

Duma

• forum hero
STG - keep up actually do some injury rehab stuff, start running again, get in proper shape for MTG
MTG - multiple 7C's this winter, 7C+ Peak trip + font trip before spring, if I do any hard stuff that'll be nice too.
LTG - 8A, 68kg

M - TCA aft, further work on the two hard reds, small progress but no breakthroughs. Was good to see a few strong folk climbing. Rory added a new start to a red that had been semi stripped accidentally - worked a sequence on this, feels pretty hard.
T - TCA aft, good easier session, managed all the new greens (5+ to 6B+) without a fall, plus a brief play on a new white that'll be 7Bish
W -
T - TCA eve. Good session, felt strong. Was shown a less stupid sequence on the new red start - turns out it's ok if you're not an idiot... Finished the new white, and one of the hard reds - prob only 7B+, but really pleased as it's very much not my style - steep, big moves, and long.
F -
S - Bouldering comp lunchtime - flash format, which is always a bit odd, and didn't sleep well, but pleased with my performance - only didn't do the three that were actually hard, and prob only dropped a few possible points on those. Full results not out yet, but expect 4th-6th ish which'll be a good result for me.
S - TCA lunchtime session. Bit more time on the comp probs from yesterday - did one first go, got a good sequence and overlapping halves on another. Most of session on the head-to-head final problems that I didn't get to try yesterday, was made up to get them all in a session. Felt strong.

69ish kg
Been going well indoors so far this year, but still no rock, and no cardio  :spank:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Sat. eatswood with DD. Great conditions. 4 redpoints reaching finger rail at end and on last go matching it but unable to make last (5b) pop  :w00t:. Got home buzzzing and started doing front levers, pistols and dips in the hall until my son accused me of being mainic. Had a bath and fell asleep in it.

Psyche day!  ;D

Have you tried a left heel on the hurricane starting holds cheque? Don't know how tall you are but I can leave that in with my Right hand on the sloper (Although I have been told I'm lanky...) Have seen some smaller people do it this way too without much of a cut loose?

Yep, this is what I describe as the 'first sloper' above. I use to to bump my hands across, but although I can hit the second sloper with it still there, I'm too stretched out and the swing releasing it is too much.

I fell off the top on my last go- five falls with hands on the top so far but no nasty ones yet.

It's partly GW's stiff reputation that makes me want it so much! I haven't tried Early Doors at all. Hopefully I'll get GW early next session and have some juice left to try it...

rich d

• forum hero
Goal gritstone 7a

Did 5 short fingerboard sessions
Did 50 pressups on 6 days
Did plank on 6 days
Didn't get out climbing as new work shoes chewed my feet up! In one day.
Weight about the same - need to stop eating crap in the evenings. Quite a good week, more of the same this week but with an indoor session Friday pm and hopefully some lakes action on sunday weather, family, hangover allowing.

iain

• forum abuser
Yeah, maybe easing back a bit and trying again would have worked.

BTW I wouldn't recommend doing max hangs on consecutive days

Fair point, I probably shouldn't describe it as max hangs really. It's this:

For fingerboarding back when Dave Macleod only had a strip of wood above his door he posted a routine similar to that. 4 grip types for 4 reps each, 5-8 sec hangs with 1-2 min rest between reps.

I used to able to do two sets of consecutive days a week and get good results, maybe not any more.

fried

• forum hero
I've made the decision to climb less for a while and try to do two good sessions rather than three tired ones. Due to my schedule my session seem to fall into three in five days which I'm not convinced is the best way forward. Obviously if it stops raining at any point this will stop.

Monday - rest
Tuesday - Indoor, first real session. Freakiest ever climbing accident, I got locked in the toilet and bruised my hand and wrist banging on the door to get someone to let me out :boxing:. Fine session after that, so much new stuff to do and everything is clean after the repaint. Repeaters (3x4) then my finger blisters. Stretching.

Wednesday - Working at home, so I fit in some plank exercises. Join virtuagym which tell me I have the fit age of 57 (I'm 41), bit worried until I've enter my pulse for 1 min and not 30secs.

Thursday - 50 press ups
Friday - More at home plank exercises.
Saturday - Indoor session, long but productive although my back has stiffened up noticeably. Repeaters as above plus stretching.

Sunday - 50 press ups

Weight 75.8kg, not shifting much since Christmas.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
Odd, but good week overall....

Started out the week with a good evening session working on the guidebook.  After the brain was fried, I headed home and did a 5.5mile treadmill run with a weighted pull-up set every 5 min.  Tuesday ended up being a 13hr day at work, so didn't get any training done.

Wednesday was interesting.  Did a yoga session at lunch which was really intense.  I've done a fair bit of yoga before, but this one had me dripping sweat by the end, and it wasn't the hot yoga stuff... Loads of shoulder and hip work.  Great for climbers and I plan on going weekly for the next couple of months.  Did an evening FB session, and set a new pb by a pretty good margin  :dance1: adding 10lbs over the previous session and finishing all 5 hangs instead of the 3 planned and felt great. 

Thursday, I woke up feeling completely beat up from yoga.  My whole body hurt, but in a good way.  Went to the wall for a lunch session and while I felt a bit tired overall, ended up climbing pretty well, and had a monster session(for me). 

Friday-Sunday had no real workouts, instead had a different party each night. Friday had a great session working on the guidebook, then a going away party for a friends daughter, saturday was family game night with my wife's family, and Sunday we made homemade pasta for the first time and had a bunch of people over for dinner. 

Nice balanced week, and looking forward to spring.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
STG: falling practice
MTG: Welsh E2 & Dolomite (or other alpine) VI in summer
LTG: Big Alpine rock routes: S. face Marmolada, W. face Totenkirchl

M: Wall, High East, bouldering. Another session of cave burl that doesn't suit me and is therefore good for me.
T:
W: Wall, Thalkirchen. Nine routes in the 6a/b range, started doing some falling practice in the sector I find intimidating. Only 3 practice falls (plus one real one) but it's a start,
T:
F: Stair climbing @work: 4 x 40 stories
S:
S: Didn't make it to kettlebell course: another time. Instead developed a new ironing workout for the aging/family climber:
iron a shirt, do a set of pressup or plank variations. My office shirts & my son's school shirts for the week make for a decent session.

tomtom

• forum hero
I feel a bit reluctant to write this week – with some mixed emotions about failures and successes..

After having a washed out weekend in the Lakes, I was really keen to get out on Monday – so I dropped the car off to be serviced and negotiated the lease of MrsTT’s motor and got off to Almscliff as soon as I could... Pictures speak a thousand words etc.. and this video pretty much sums up my day...

So, my first keel efforts were close – too far to the left of the pocket, too far to the right, fingers in then slipping out.. then on the 4th or 5th go it worked... I made it! Swinging on the pocket – uh, what do I do now, I know bring the foot up and.. whats this, my RH hand is pumped and now its uncurling and.. fuck. Why oh why.. so close – what happened there – why did I faff around and not just do it...

I had a good ˝ hour off, then went back – first go was terrible – then next go was realy smooth – I talked myself through every move, my body synced well, accuracy of feet and hands was spot on, I moved like a well programmed robot.. and bang – got the pocket again. Right, stabilise swing, compose myself, push back with LH and bring up the toe onto the nose – great – now just as I was thinking to match the pocket as the foot was on – pop or slop or slide – I don’t know but my RH just slipped out of the pocket (that its never slipped out of) and I’m sat on the mat. Fuck, that was the one – that was the chance – it was all nailed together, composed, confident linked and something just failed. I tried again a couple of times, but I felt as if the enthusiasm had been drawn out of me – it was in my grasp and taken away. Home. Analysing the video – In the first near attempt it takes me 30 seconds from pulling on to the pocket lunge. In the second 27 seconds.. Getting efficiency in the lower parts, so I’m not running down the meter before the crux is clearly important.

Brim full of psyche I headed out to Almscliff again on Wednesday.. warmed up OK (it was a much better day) got on the keel, but I felt really stiff – arms were still trashed from Monday – every movement felt like twice the effort it was on Monday. I could just hang the pocket from the ground – I couldn’t bring a leg up – it was as if my shoulder was just not working... I think this is the first time I’ve ever so clearly figured out my own recovery times, it simply wasn’t long enough since my last session and I was trashed. It also made me realise how much extra effort I had put in on Monday... I think I really worked those shoulders super hard with that little bit of whatever that comes with the adrenaline of nearly doing it... It was also apparent I NEED TO PRACTICE THE TOP OUT.... I gave it up as a bad lot and went home...

Having had only a half session on Wednesday.. Friday came about and yup... session #3 of the week... I felt good after warming up. TommyZtone had forwarded me a link to Jerrys pep talk for problems – and I think I was too psyched. Man I was wired for the problem.. really keen – shakingly keen. Getting to the problem I practiced the topout once from the deck and it was OK – I got a toe on and pulled up. No point in burning out that shoulder again – get on it... I’ve now started marking off the number of attempts on my mat in chalk each session! So I now know that on attempt #4 I hit the pocket again.. but there just was no oomph left and I just swang and flailed, trying to get that left toe up again... Angry I tried pulling from the pocket from the ground again and again.. I tried the Andy E recommended dual hand aręte power hump method – nope. Tried it my way time and time again.. nothing. My way (for the Keel officianado’s to comment on) is (given my lank) I straight arm with the right arm (I’m not strong enough to do anything else), with my LH still on the chip, I bring my right knee up to stabilise myself on the aręte, then using that right knee and my LH on the chip, I can then bring my left toe onto the very lowest possible hold on the aręte.. then match in the pocket and haul up.. bingo.

So I now know my weakness.. deadhangs from pockets on the right arm – poss with some assist from the left hand. This is completely do-able but the frustration is obvious, being so near but having to work on one final weakness...

I felt pretty defeated after these three sessions. Part of me wanted to walk away from the problem, have a month or two off from it – which is an option – but I think I just need to have a longer break and come back to it fresher (physically rather than mentally). I am a stubborn bastard at times...

Saturday was a day of rest and Sunday out to Baslow with Grubes, TTT and James.. I’ve never been to Baslow before.. well I’ve been to the Eaglestone – in fact it was nearly a year ago that I was there with Lagers, Dolly and Shark on the fateful day Lagers busted his ankle :(

Some low cloud cleared by the time I reached the edge and it was perfect gritstone weather.. close to freezing, gentle winter sunshine and virtually no wind...  We started in the renaissance area – then moved on, a team ascent of the Balls test (all done in very different ways!) then I was first to get the Rippper (7A+) with a lanky lunge for the final holds (it still needed a bone on those crimps to get high enough ;) ) and the first new 7 of the year... we moved on to Monument buttress, and James and 3T managed rapid ascents of Dirty Bitch (7A) but I struggled getting rocked over..

(what is going on with those legs!)

I persisted whilst they tried the 7A+ to the left – and having gleanded some new beta involving a thumb sprag nearly got it, but teetered off. I was pretty knackered by then, as its got some hard pulls to get established – and I could tell the crimp and pull batteries were pretty much empty by that point. Lowlight was all of us being sprayed with hot chocolate by some cnut up top emptying his (presumably pretty full) cup over the edge.. it managed to spray 4 bouldering mats, all of us and 3T’s pastel lemon lacoste.. I’d have been up there to extract dry cleaning monies from them, but 3T is far more easy going than me ;)

And so to the Eaglestone... last year, my power club entry from the similar week recounts nearly getting ‘Where Beagles Dare’ (the mono undercut double dyno thingy) – and 2nd or 3rd go I latched the top – not just latched it but nailed it. Hung it with one hand then bought the other up. Then began about a minute of desparate scritting about in the break above. Everything was green – and slimey – towards the back of the break there are a series of little edges, and a semi pocket – but these were not just green, but wet, slippery and green. Damn, back down. I went up again – and this time grabbed the heather (!!!) got a foot up into the pocket and slapped about on the top – which was green and slippery as well! I came down, complete with a handful of dead heather :-/ hmm, maybe that isn’t the way forwards! One more time and I latch the top again get better purchase in the break but no cigar.. Ach.. another so near and yet....

It was a cracking day – not that often I’m out bouldering for nearly 5 hours – and I felt like I’d been run over that night. Some ticks, some fails... and a really good distraction from the Keel game..

andy_e

• forum hero
When's the next round?  :boxing:

I tried the Andy E recommended dual hand aręte power hump method – nope.

Well at least you tried it, I am known for my dual hand power humping.  ;)

tomtom

• forum hero
I'm so long, it's hard to hump my knees over the bulge!

Aiming to have another crack on Wednesday..

iain

• forum abuser
My toys would have been well out the pram.

Good luck for Wednesday  :strongbench:

andy_e

• forum hero
I'm channelling some Positive Mental Thinking (PMT) for you on Wednesday.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Once you've caught the pocket could you shift your LH along the chip slightly then throw your heel up to match?

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
STG: Stay fit, get to wall for >2 sessions a week, focus on aerobic endurance.
MTG: E5 onsight, RP 7b
LTG: LH&F goals in Switzerland, Dolomites, US

M - Biscuit Factory. 6 x 5 mins on.  Tweaky L shoulder
T -
W - Collected family from Heathrow; short run
T -
F -
S - Short run
S - Biscuit Factory. Haphazard mix of bouldering and child-minding.

Ticking over. Mostly catching up with family this week as I’d not seen them for a month and busy at work with deadlines looming. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:06:02 pm by duncan »

tomtom

• forum hero
Once you've caught the pocket could you shift your LH along the chip slightly then throw your heel up to match?

Maybe, its taking my all to get a toe on a bit lower.. Because its a hanging block there's little to push off (and I'm weak)

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
Hey guys, think I'll join in, looking forward to 2013 after a good 2012 so listing my goals and training publicly should be fun.

STG: Redpoint 7b, Boulder V6 consistently
MTG: Redpoint 7c, Tick a V7
LTG: Redpoint 8a, Boulder V8

M - Rest
T - Indoor Bouldering, ticked V5/V6 project and repeated another V5, Flashed alot of V3's.
W - Rest
T - Fingerboard repeaters, personal best managed 3 sets of 4 different grip types for the first time - psyched!
F - Rest
S - Ruthin Escarpment - Ticked a F6c that I didn't used to be able to get off the ground on. Repeated a V3 that I did last January that I used to find nails did it first go and repeated it 4 times in the day. It's the start of a 7b I did all the moves on in the same session. No time for a redpoint as the little one woke up!
S - Rest

Going back to Ruthin on Sunday to redpoint the 7b, hopefully get it ticked as 7b is a goal for this year!

Recently lost 3 pounds of weight as I'm helping the girlfriend on a healthy eating plan, probably wouldn't be wise to lose much more as I weigh 149 lbs. . . Feel stronger lately though.

webbo

• forum hero
Mon.Woke up with my elbow sticking, clicking and locking. a bit like it was before I had loose bodies removed a year ago. Easy circuits Rockcity.
Tue. Turbo 50 mins mainly 5 mins on 1 min off.
Wed. Nothing.
Thurs. Home board struggled a think due to poor warm up.
Fri. Turbo 40 mins 1 min on 1 min off x 10 max efforts.
Sat. Turbo 1 hr 20 mins  25 mins 60% max hr 20 mins 70 % max hr 15 mins 80% max hr.
Sun. Anston stones. Tweaked my r/h middle finger appears to be quite swollen.

Not a great week need to lay off the climbing I think for a couple of weeks with my elbow and finger.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I think I need to get back on board with this!

STG - get climbing again
MTG - get down to 13 st (from 14st 1 ish on NYD)
LTG - redpoint something plus several other projects

M
T
W
T - went swimming at local pool - brain crunchingly dull - did mostly sprints and then rests to improve surf paddling and not doing 100% aerobic work. managed about 40 mins. Can still do 25m underwater which was nice.
F
S - swimming with little one - not a mass of exercise, but did a fair bit with him on my back, and spent a fair bit of time throwing him in the air and catching him, so better than nowt I guess.
S - got out on bike for 45 mins, in spite of blowing wind / horizontal rain / sleet / snow flurries. Mostly back roads and farm tracks, ans felt like I had a headwind in all direction. good to get out though, but sore ass the next day.

Monday am weigh in - 13 st 12 1/2  (i think mostly due to better diet and 2 units of booze for the week than exercise, but it's a start). Got bike light now, so can do midweek sessions once snow / ice melts.

Duma

• forum hero
S - Bouldering comp lunchtime - flash format, which is always a bit odd, and didn't sleep well, but pleased with my performance - only didn't do the three that were actually hard, and prob only dropped a few possible points on those. Full results not out yet, but expect 4th-6th ish which'll be a good result for me.
5th (or 7th if you count the strong young uns) - happy enough.

Dolly

• forum hero

Right I'm going to have a go at this power club lark.
Don't want any of you keen lads taking the piss out of me though ;)

Main goal I've got is to lose weight and make sure that my shoulder recovers from impingement syndrome.

M Luchtime sess at the Foundry
T Beastmaker
W Running in the cold and dark. 6.8k
T Lamping at Burbage North. Did Scouse's new problem Ropeboy and felt OK on Blind Fig
F easy lunchtime sess at the Foundry
S even colder run. 5k
S Baslow. Heroes (easy version), came close to getting the pocket on Flatworld LH and ruled out Flatworld for the time being until my shoulder recovers. Did Undercutting on the way back to the car

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Don't want any of you keen lads taking the piss out of me though ;)

Quid pro quo.

The 7B thread has inspired me to try some up-problems.

Let me know when you are heading out next.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Hey guys, think I'll join in, looking forward to 2013 after a good 2012 so listing my goals and training publicly should be fun.

:icon_welcome:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal