What's the best guide for swizzy?
All the main areas like magic, chorionico etc,
Ideally with good maps and mainly problems 7-8

Thanks guys

Doylo

• forum hero
#1 Re: Best swizzy guide?
January 11, 2013, 12:10:08 pm
Magic topo here: http://sloper.climbing.nl/.
You have to pick up the Cres and chironico guides out there. Brione has no topo as yet

ducko

• junky
#2 Re: Best swizzy guide?
January 11, 2013, 08:55:29 pm
Thanks chris

gardinrm

• menacing presence
#3 Re: Best swizzy guide?
January 13, 2013, 08:35:39 pm
I was living in Switzerland last year so got the guide that seemed most extensive, called Alpen en bloc. Comes in parts, but part one has magic wood. Seems pretty good with photo guide. However, it was totally crap for when i visited Gotthards pass. The main problem is that within the mini maps for individual areas, they flipped the maps so north was in a different direction for each map. I can't explain how complicated this was. In fact, i ended up printing a google map and drawing the maps on myself. So, follow the above advice and use the free topo for Magic wood and get the ones for Ticino when ur there. That being said, Gotthard was amazing and very beautiful. If you end up driving to Ticino (cresciono etc) from the north, then you just need to come off the motorway on the way and go up the old mountain pass road instead of taking the tunnel. Naturally this all depends on when you go, because at the moment it will be under 3 feet of snow.
:) Rob

finbarrr

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: Best swizzy guide?
January 13, 2013, 08:43:24 pm
this is a good guide for the whole of switzerland:
http://www.gebro-verlag.de/gebro/swissBloc.htm

it's reasonable for all the major areas, maybe not quite as good as the specialized ones, but also has lots of smaller venues

JJP

• addict
#5 Re: Best swizzy guide?
January 13, 2013, 08:52:58 pm
The cresciano guide is pretty good with good descriptions and maps and some really nice pictures. We stayed in locarno (about 30-40 min from cresciano) as had kids with us- you could buy the guides in the locarno intersport but can't remember cost.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal