UKBouldering.com

Wanted: Aiders, Daisies, Pulleys and Guides (Read 4783 times)

Paul B

• forum hero
Wanted: Aiders, Daisies, Pulleys and Guides
January 10, 2013, 03:23:58 pm
Has anyone got any of the following I could borrow, for the gear I was just looking for a short term loan so I can get my head around what's going to work (mainly with respect to hauling), the guides would be for a little longer potentially:

Etriers (x2)
Daisies (speed or normal x2)
Fifi Hook
Ascenders (x2)
Locking pulley (wall hauler, pro/micro/min traxion)
other pulleys (x2)

Guidebooks:
Any Colarado, Utah and Californian route guidebooks/topos etc. Specifically, Indian Creek, Moab, Zion, Red Rocks, the Valley, Tuolmne, High Sierras, Needles and I forgot Squamish and the Bugaboos.

Many thanks,
Paul
(based in Sheffield, right near the Foundry).

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
When's your setoff date? My copy of The Good, The Great and The Awesome (for High Sierras) is in storage, and I won't be able to get to it until late March.

Paul B

• forum hero
Apr 2nd then 87 days in the USA, we're not sure how we'll work the next leg of the trip or what it might entail ($$$ allowing)...

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

(based in Sheffield, right reet near t'heFoundry).

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Depending when your back/out there  can lend you my squamish guides (routes and bouldering).

I would want them in september.

Paul B

• forum hero
Depending when your back/out there  can lend you my squamish guides (routes and bouldering).

I would want them in september.

Probably better not, we're unsure as to how/when we'll be in Canada.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Has anyone got any of the following I could borrow, for the gear I was just looking for a short term loan so I can get my head around what's going to work (mainly with respect to hauling)

You should ask one of those knowledgeable guys who works in CragX, they're really helpful and know their shit.  :P

Have the SuperTopo Yosemite guide with me today for you to borrow.  Also have a tibloc and pulley you can borrow to play around with if you want.

reeve

• obsessive maniac
Hey Paul, I have a pair of Ascenders, a petzl basic pulley, wc ropeman 2, supertopo yosemite guide and tuolumne guide which you are welcome to borrow. I'll be in Sheffield this weekend if you'd like to arrange meeting up

Paul B

• forum hero
Hey Paul, I have a pair of Ascenders, a petzl basic pulley, wc ropeman 2, supertopo yosemite guide and tuolumne guide which you are welcome to borrow. I'll be in Sheffield this weekend if you'd like to arrange meeting up

that would be amazing Reeve. I'm working 11-5 Sat so I'll text you.

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
Failing that I have some that I used once on a trip in 2002. Aiding ain't for me so I'd sell them to you for what they're worth to me (not very much).

Doylo

• forum hero
You ll have to set up one hell of a pulley system bennett. Are you still 7 stone?

andyd

• forum hero
I was led to believe that was part of the 'fun'!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I can lend you some aiders and a wall hauler, possibly and ascender too. Not sure what you've played with in the shop but we've micro and pro traxions too, though not for loan.

benpritch

• forum abuser
you'll want a pro traxion not mini and defo not micro. i have etriers, jumars etc and i can give you some advice about systems etc.

Paul B

• forum hero
you'll want a pro traxion not mini and defo not micro. i have etriers, jumars etc and i can give you some advice about systems etc.

Chris Mac seems to rate the Micro better than the Mini (as it has a bigger pulley for a lot less weight), as does Mark Hudon who seems to be a supply of great wall beta and looking at his trip reports he seems to use the micro quite a bit now.

I doubt we'll be moving 'massive' loads (3 day wall max I'd imagine). Why do you say definitely the pro not the mini/micro? I'd much appreciate a lend of your etriers etc. (when are you next training?) and any systems advice you can offer.

al

• obsessive maniac
    • 50folds
hi paul, was going to say at stanage yesterday, I've a daisy chain you can have (unused, not sure of loop number, but you can keep it) - where shall I drop it?

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Someone pinched my Mini traxion so I've not compared them directly, but I can't foresee any situations where the Micro won't do the same thing, though its fiddlier with gloves on. The Pro is a very different bit of kit, the wall hauler has a bigger pulley but is nothing like as strong.

Paul B

• forum hero
Someone pinched my Mini traxion so I've not compared them directly, but I can't foresee any situations where the Micro won't do the same thing, though its fiddlier with gloves on. The Pro is a very different bit of kit, the wall hauler has a bigger pulley but is nothing like as strong.

Does this mean you have a Micro? if so, do you like it?

hi paul, was going to say at stanage yesterday, I've a daisy chain you can have (unused, not sure of loop number, but you can keep it) - where shall I drop it?

I work at the Foundry/CragX at the minute and live very close, is this any use for you? If not let me know where's best for you and I'll come pick it up at some point. Thanks.

andyd

• forum hero
Wow. A forum full of climbers all wanting to ditch their aid climbing gear. What does that tell you..? :-\

Paul B

• forum hero
You ll have to set up one hell of a pulley system bennett. Are you still 7 stone?

I'm 56kg

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom

I'm 56kg
I think my leg weighs about that!!!!

Paul B

• forum hero
I certainly have my doubts when people suggest 1:1 hauling, 3:1 sounds like a much more amenable load.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Apr 2nd

With any luck we will be moved by then. Finding the guide in the 100 or so boxes would be another story. Don't count me if you can get the guide elsewhere. Get the Handren guide for Red Rocks its brilliant.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero

Does this mean you have a Micro? if so, do you like it?

As I said above, yes I do. Its very good, small enough to replace a ropeman (never liked them myself), but will do pretty much anything. If I was hauling 3 days water fro two etc I'd take something bigger though.

1:1 is fine high on the wall when you've drunk all the water, lower down I'd use a 3:1.

Paul B

• forum hero
Sorry (I was at work).

If you're in work anytime and its quiet maybe I could pop over and look at them all side by side/pick your brains?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal