UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Burbage North][Rocketboy][7a ish] (Read 5014 times)

Scouse D

• forum hero
[Peak][Burbage North][Rocketboy][7a ish]
January 05, 2013, 07:09:48 pm
New problem up and right of tiny slab at burbage North right at the very top of the crag line just below the path. There are two promising looking blocks here. There's a roof which loads of people will have looked at but is shit and snappy then there is this block to it's left.

As the name suggests this is a one move sit start dyno from crimps in a break to top of block and as far as one move sit start crimp to top dynos go it's fairly good.

Also climbed leftwards from the obvious large crimp not dynoing at about 6b. (finishing over the small capping roof)

Hopefully that garbled mess of information will make sence to someone, maybe Dave will post a photo to aid location.

dave

Subtle photo, was just testing out some new triggers - if you look carefully you can just about see that I used some flash.

Not a bad problem if you've done everything else and are after a much easier and slightly smaller version of rocketman.

cofe

• forum hero
#2 [Peak][Burbage North][Rocketboy][7a ish]
January 05, 2013, 08:25:47 pm
Is that on axis flash? What's the strobist info?

dave

Well the flash and camera are japanese, so that counts as axis.

Dolly

• forum hero
Did this tonight and it's exactly as it says on the tin, good find Scouse.
I haven't done Rocketman, so I can't compare it to that, but it reminded me of Pooh at
higgar.
Is the 6B version from a sitter as well ? as the hold seemed to be further away and therefore harder than the 7A version

dave

#5 [Peak][Burbage North][Rocketboy][7a ish]
January 11, 2013, 07:54:32 am
On the 6b you sit but then cock your foot onto the shelf on the left so its more of a Rickover.

Dolly

• forum hero
OK ta

andy_e

• forum hero
Rickover.

Is this a move where you get a bad hold but you think you're never going to give it up and you just pull through?

Duma

• forum hero
 :lol: ;D

dave

#9 [Peak][Burbage North][Rocketboy][7a ish]
January 11, 2013, 12:35:45 pm
Fucking predictive text.

dave

#10 [Peak][Burbage North][Rocketboy][7a ish]
January 11, 2013, 12:37:00 pm
Actually a Rickover is what they do in on problems down in south africa in Ricklands.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Stop it now or this will get ridRickulous

dave

Someone aught to do a new problem in a dark cave, ideally a lowball dyno, and call it Ricketman.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
I'll keep my eyes peeled, should be possible in Lancashire somewhere.

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
  • I'm not actually much of a lad.
Also did these today, the dyno one is pretty good. The "rickover" does seem the harder one of the two though?
hhhmm.

nic mullin

• menacing presence
I did rocketboy today too - good addition to the circuit.

I think it's probably worth 7a+ by the logic that while it's significantly easier than rocket man, it didn't feel 3 grades easier, and it felt harder than similar 7as like cabin boy at Birchen.

Didn't try rickover (if it hasn't been named that yet, then I vote that it should be) so can't comment.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
drag this up.
Didn't do rocketboy as I'm shit and didn't think it warrented more than 3 goes.
did the problem to the left however, thought it was really good.
Starting with RH in LH hold for rocketboy, LH on edge of ledge, L-Heel onto ledge and big rock/lock for sidepull thing then cool flag and top and top-out sort of to the right of cap roof thing. Is this the problem comically named rickover or did you go further left?

dave

no thats it, although I think scouse started with both of his doll-like hands on crimps and not on the ledge.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal