UKBouldering.com

Insanity Workout (Read 2509 times)

Durbs

• forum hero
Insanity Workout
December 10, 2012, 04:46:10 pm
Have decided to try and actually get fit, as aside from climbing and drumming, I don't actually do much exercise, and even then - nothing that really counts as cardio.

A couple of friends have tried Insanity and said it was good, so thought I'd give it a go. Got the *cough* cheap version and did the fit test last night. Still aching 24 hours later, but think I enjoyed pushing myself and quite psyched to actually be doing something cardio-driven.

I tried jogging, but it's not for me, and I don't really have the time (or inclination in bad weather) to perservere.

Anyone else tried it?

I'm not looking to get buff, just trim down, strengthen core and sort out cardio...

mrconners

• menacing presence
#1 Re: Insanity Workout
December 10, 2012, 09:17:46 pm
My missus swears by them.
She has issues with an old hip injury so can't run that much, however doing those workouts served to have helped keep her fit.
I don't bother as im too scared of getting shown up.

Durbs

• forum hero
#2 Re: Insanity Workout
December 11, 2012, 09:42:45 am
2 days after fit test, still stiff... not sure how you could not be! Is it good to exercise when things are still sore and tight? Will it loosen things or make it worse?

Went for a fingerboard session instead as arms were fine :)

a dense loner

• forum hero
#3 Re: Insanity Workout
December 11, 2012, 10:22:37 am
Yes it is, uve only got doms

Durbs

• forum hero
#4 Re: Insanity Workout
December 11, 2012, 10:38:26 am
Quoi?

What are doms... and which question were you answering yes to?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#5 Re: Insanity Workout
December 11, 2012, 11:16:07 am
Yes it's good to exercise now. Delayed onset muscle soreness, from doing some form of exercise you don't normally do, or haven't done for a while. It will seem less painful the nx time around, the recovery section I mean. The exercise session should always be painful, never fun. If you want fun climb on grit

Durbs

• forum hero
#6 Re: Insanity Workout
December 11, 2012, 11:40:27 am
 ;D

Ta - sorry just Googled it. thought doms was slang or somesuch.
Will push on through the pain and drink some skimmed milk after.

jjjj

• me
#7 Re: Insanity Workout
December 11, 2012, 02:04:08 pm
Ive recently finished the insanity workout its torture for the first few weeks but after that i really enjoyed . Good things are core strenght has improved a crazy amount im now doing front levers and leg raises and i genreally just feel better no aches and pains or stiffness. It took about a month after id finished to really feel the results and i packed  on a lot of muscle you wouldnt think a bit of gigging about for an hour a day would do that so if you can get through to the end theres no real downside.

Durbs

• forum hero
#8 Re: Insanity Workout
December 11, 2012, 03:14:44 pm
Cool beans.

I won't start it "properly" until the new year due to crazy christmas calendar commitments (Alliteration FTW!) but will do it before then as and when possible.

Did you follow the recommended diet/protein shakes or just generally eat healthy?

jjjj

• me
#9 Re: Insanity Workout
December 11, 2012, 06:24:02 pm
No i just eat normaly i just added  a couple of protein shakes a day .

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal