UKBouldering.com

Pictures in caves and possibly multi flash shizzle.. (Read 12216 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Probably worth testing such cases before putting valuable kit inside.  My Peli was fine with being floated across lakes and submerged whilst doing Croesor-Rhosydd but if I started to use it again (it's pretty old now) then I'd be testing it in the bath first :)

Paul B

• forum hero
Whilst we're on the subject, I've got a couple of old manual guns that are going in the bin unless anyone wants them. One is quite big, the other fairly small but has a handy pc cord built in. Can post a pic if anyone's keen.

model no / Trigger voltage?

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Prinz PRO-990C and Sunpak auto124. No idea on voltage, feel free to research as I said they are no use to me.

Paul B

• forum hero
I'll pas, they both seem to have a high trigger voltage and thus will likely cook my triggers.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
On the other hand they both have big test buttons so are ideal for getting your mate to fire down a cave.

Paul B

• forum hero
On the other hand they both have big test buttons so are ideal for getting your mate to fire down a cave.

I take it they don't have optical slave modes? (again probably not shit down a cave).

tomtom

• forum hero
Sorry for not getting the hint JB, is it possible for me to nab one or two?

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Yes. please do. Are you in Sheffield? Drop me a pm.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
The trigger market moves pretty darn fast (or has done over the last few years) and there is now a lot of reliable functionality to be had for (relatively) very little. People have been put off by the old (lower frequency) ebay type models which were a bit shit it seems.

Just to reopen this, any up to date knowledge on triggers? 603s still the best bet? What about the Phottix Strato? Ta!

dave

I got a set of Strato IIs a few weeks back - seem pretty fucking good, no misfures but I've only used them for family shit so far. Quailty is high - a world apart from the cheap chinese shite of a few years back. Come and check mine out any time.

dave

I tell lie - this masterpiece was done with them.

I had scouse walk to the car carrying the flash and it kept firing for a long way.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Nice one. Where did you get them, and how many fuck-alls can I expect to be relieved of?

dave

Got them from amazon via a seller called "great western cameras" - no problems and they were the cheapest I could find without ordering from honkers. I think I paid a shade over a ton for a basic set plus an additional receiver - i.e. enough for a camera and two lights.

tomtom

• forum hero
I should follow up my OP, sadly my trip to Tunisia was cancelled.. At the last minute our permissions/guides/guards for the trip to the south didnt come through - so my part of the trip was cut out :( thanks for the advice though..

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Resurrection! Thinking about getting a radio remote trigger for a flash gun, are the above ones mentioned still best to look at, or is there anything out there that is reliable, but not silly money (was hoping to spend £30 to 50 if possible).

Ta.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal