UKBouldering.com

Snap Bun MK2 niggles/issues (Read 1523 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Snap Bun MK2 niggles/issues
December 03, 2012, 10:09:49 pm
Hello,
I bought one of the new Snap Bun mats about a month ago having owned one of the older (tarp faced) versions that was still going fine on new foam, but the straps were starting to hang off a bit. It's days were numbered.

There's several things I like about it over the old one - better handles, non slip base and the Velcro strap release mechanism...

But, the top sheet of thinner foam keeps moving around and ending up 10-15cm down one end of the pad... It's a real pain to get it central again (involves loads of back folding and holding the top layer through the case - and this is something I've noticed in a few folks snap buns. It's almost as of the case is too baggy or doesn't have enough rigidity in it. Second, when trying to move the foam back to its proper place I opened up the mat, gripped the thick layer so I could move one against the other, and my fingers went straight though the foam really easily.. I stopped there not to wanting to rip a big chunk out. I'm no foam expert, but that didn't seem too clever :-/ Not sure what it means for the longevity of the foam etc..

Anyone else had this - or found a way to stop the top foam shizzling about? I'm not as impressed as I was with my original Bun...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:31:00 pm by tomtom »

sjw

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Snap Bun MK2 niggles/issues
December 03, 2012, 10:31:06 pm
The top layer of foam moving is a proper nightmare, mine (and everyone I know with one) has the same problem. Never found a solution, bit of a shame as other than that it's a brilliant pad.

sidewinder

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Snap Bun MK2 niggles/issues
December 03, 2012, 10:49:33 pm
Was discussing this with a friend who has been having the foam creep, while I have not. We decided it was probably due to folding method, I fold mine by holding both handles, tarp side facing me then pulling the handles towards me, this seems to keep the foam centred. I think the creep happens when you fold by pushing one side towards the other.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal