UKBouldering.com

York to Grit (Read 1252 times)

DaveyDave

• addict
York to Grit
November 28, 2012, 10:02:26 pm
Hey up!

Just looking at the perfect forecast this weekend and crying my eyes out cos I can't get a lift anywhere.

Anyone heading out from the york area to some grit?  :fishing:

Cheers!

etjoset

• addict
  • Twiddle that knob
#1 Re: York to Grit
November 28, 2012, 11:36:40 pm
I'm not out myself but if you fail to hook up a lift then the obvious solution is to catch a train from York to Weeton (direct line) and stroll up the hill to Almscliff, which will be tip-top this weekend. More often than not someone will stop to give you a lift up the hill.

DaveyDave

• addict
#2 Re: York to Grit
December 06, 2012, 07:03:06 pm
Had a look at that, but without a railcard and including buses and stuff it's way too expensive for just a days trip.

Out this saturday by any chance?

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#3 Re: York to Grit
December 10, 2012, 10:53:50 pm
Alright DD,

As an ex-York resident myself, have you tried hooking up with any of the local climbing clubs?

There's York MC, who if I remember rightly meet at The Fox inbetween town and Acomb on a Thurs night and also York Alpine Club, who I think meet in town somewhere - sure Google will be your friend finding out more.

+1 to etjoset's comment, we've stopped and given UKBers a lift to / from the station in the past. On a chilly day hanging out at the bottom of Gravelly Hill Lane with a pad and your thumb out should pretty much guarantee you a lift!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal