UKBouldering.com

Wiki Peak Page (Read 1909 times)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Wiki Peak Page
November 15, 2012, 11:25:08 pm
I've fleshed out the peak page over the last couple of weeks, thought some might be interested - just a few short descriptions and some lovely lists.

http://ukbouldering.com/wiki/index.php/Peak_District

In case anyone else feels inspired to add to the wiki, here's the venues page. http://ukbouldering.com/wiki/index.php/Venues
It would be great if this became useful for planning trips, rather than always having to search the forum for past threads.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Wiki Peak Page
November 16, 2012, 12:09:09 am
Great work Robin & I second the idea of doing it the pages. there are skelton pages for those that are listed.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Re: Wiki Peak Page
November 16, 2012, 05:16:22 am
Nice one r-man.

I recently updated the wiki software on ukcaving.com so will do the same over here in the near future.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#3 Re: Wiki Peak Page
November 16, 2012, 09:47:03 am
It would also be useful if when editing pages the Wiki mark-up is used.

I set up the templates and kind of figured that the headings were obvious, but there is often confusion (from my perspective) as I thought the "Guides" section would be links to printed guides whilst "Links" would be to web-sites with information on.  Further there is no need to add links to individual pages within a site, anyone reading can follow the link to the site and find an area on that site.

For example I've just tidied up the South Africa page (thanks for writing it Chris) from this to this by making the links true hyper-links, moving links to sites to the Links section and all the links to specific areas to be hyper-links within the text where they are mentioned rather than the original list of URLs.

The wiki mark-up is pretty straight forward (it uses the same software (Wikimedia) as Wikipedia).  See here for examples.

Nigel

• forum hero
#4 Re: Wiki Peak Page
November 16, 2012, 09:28:11 pm
Isn't Dan's thing at Badger Cove called Bewilderness rather than Bewilderment?

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#5 Re: Wiki Peak Page
November 16, 2012, 09:45:35 pm
Well spotted. Have fixed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal