UKBouldering.com

Och aye the Yes! Or Noooo.... (The Scottish Independence thread) (Read 108012 times)

webbo

• forum hero
As you appear to such a diehard conservative, do you organise such things as the quiz night/pie and pea supper at your local convertible club.
I went to one such event at Fulford(York) con club, they were most welcoming even though as they put it I was the enemy.
You could invite everyone on here and even show off your superior intellect.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Cabriolet tories, now there's a sub set.

More than happy to have an event at the Sheaf, perhaps PeadoSam could be the contra?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"

More than happy to have an event at the Sheaf, perhaps PeadoSam could be the contra?

now you really are being a cock

tomtom

• forum hero

now you really are being a cock

Yup. +1

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
Slurper,

perhaps you have had enough to drink tonight?

do everyone a favour and get a good night's sleep

Sloper

• forum hero
Actually rather sober, just having some sport, but will be off to bed shortly.

Sloper

• forum hero

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
Actually rather sober

oh shit

sorry man

must be awful

hope things work out for you

Stubbs

Quote from: habrich

To me the biggest beneficiary of the Scots buggering off will be the English who will find themselves part of a far more London-centric country. It's beyond time that people wake up to the economic dynamic of England: that is one of the two dominant global cities on the planet, with a quaint, but essentially irrelevant, hinterland. Frankly the country should be renamed "London" or perhaps "LHR".

I'm sure there are lots of people all over the country, not just in Scotland, who would be very happy to see our economy become less reliant on taxing dickheads in London whilst they play with imaginary money.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
a horrid cold and wet day could swing it to Yes.

So it will be a Yes then.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
A win against Germany today would definitely swing it to "yes". History is full of random and seemingly trivial events causing massive changes. And there's nothing more random and trivial than Scottish football.

And there's the swingometer going the other way.

Sloper

• forum hero
Actually rather sober

oh shit

sorry man

must be awful

hope things work out for you

Don't worry, we had a bastards anonymous meeting in the pub tonight and I was introduced to the delights of meths, I baulked at first but when they told me it was grand cru I held my nerve and took a deep draught.  It turns out to be better after you've had a few and can't see what you're drinking.

Sloper

• forum hero
JFCOAB things must be desperate when you've got Gordon Brown on the campaign trail.

If the No campaign rolled out Jim Davidson and Roy Chubby Brown in the next few days it wouldn't surprise me.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/08/scottish-independence-gordon-brown-tax-welfare-powers-timetable-labour#start-of-comments

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre

To me the biggest beneficiary of the Scots buggering off will be the English who will find themselves part of a far more London-centric country. It's beyond time that people wake up to the economic dynamic of England: that is one of the two dominant global cities on the planet, with a quaint, but essentially irrelevant, hinterland. Frankly the country should be renamed "London" or perhaps "LHR".

I'm sure there are lots of people all over the country, not just in Scotland, who would be very happy to see our economy become less reliant on taxing dickheads in London whilst they play with imaginary money.

+1

Actually, I suspect everyone outside the Home Counties would vote for independence from London....

tomtom

• forum hero

+1

Actually, I suspect everyone outside the Home Counties would vote for independence from London....

Yup..

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
I know you like to comment in the Gruniard Sloper...

Could you top this one, in response the dumbest question ever asked?

tomtom

• forum hero

Sloper

• forum hero
I know you like to comment in the Gruniard Sloper...

Could you top this one, in response the dumbest question ever asked?

I haven't been on the Guardian for ages, but as far as comments go that pretty much sums it up both in terms of the article and the editorial team headed by Rubbisher.

Evil

• addict

I think given that London taken as a separate entity voted Labour at the last general election, they would also vote for independence from the Home Counties!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I'm totally against the idea of independence so I'm most concerned that Cameron, Clegg and Milliband are heading to Scotland in an attempt to bolster the No campaign. This will surely swing it massively to Yes.
 :wall:

tomtom

• forum hero
I'm totally against the idea of independence so I'm most concerned that Cameron, Clegg and Milliband are heading to Scotland in an attempt to bolster the No campaign. This will surely swing it massively to Yes.

Yup. Quite bizarre..

I think they should wear kilts too... and ginger wigs... just to ingratiate themselves with the locals...

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos

I think the 'No' campaign's recent addition of Gordon Brown may have the same effect...

tomtom

• forum hero

I think the 'No' campaign's recent addition of Gordon Brown may have the same effect...

GB has a solid reputation North of the border... Apparently he easily polled highest rated PM candidate in Scotland in the last election...

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
Huh, oh well - that's a bit of surprise.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
Come on, let's focus on the serious issues.

Hurrah!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal