UKBouldering.com

UKB Power club Week 136 Mon 17th to Sun 23rd Oct (Read 9028 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
STG: Not be the designated driver on a Hunters Inn trip
MTG: Solve all the world's issues
LTG: Fly

M: Norfolk trip. Plenty of beer, food and marsh walking.
T: Norfolk still.
W: Nothing.
T: Weather prevents project attempts. Sack it to the Depot. Had a semi-decent session, remembered why I don't like the Depot.
F: Weather prevents psyche from building enough to make it further than the pub.
S: Norwich. Cold grit day and everybody seemed like they had a good day. I also had a good day, but not due to climbing. Worried about bowling causing injuries. None sustained.
S: Recovering from Norwich. Rained all day anyway.

Not much climbing done last week then! Stupid rain. Aims for this week: buy annual wall pass, use it every day. Maybe attempt an evening lamping session if weather improves.

Three Nine

• forum hero

fried

• forum hero
STG - Go outside, keep getting trapped by other peoples plans.

Monday - Another new wall opens in Paris, so loads of new stuff to try, run around like a kid in a sweet shop doing all the easy stuff.
Tuesday - Friday - Too much work.
Saturday - Back to new centre (I have to decide in January where to renew my contract). Hadn't realised before how rough new hold are. Tear a  hole in my hand the size of a penny piece and after 2 hours I just can't climb 'cos my fingers sting too much, shame because I was having a good session.
Sunday - Wander round a car boot sale for a couple of hours.

Tried to do some back exercises most days, but living in a flat the size of a postage stamp is not very inspiring.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
Seasons out for me, so I'll be taking a break from Powerclub for a couple weeks. 
Done almost all of my goals, but didn't get in the routes. Hard time getting partners....

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Well done on Soul Sacrifice, though I don't know the route. Is it as sustained as the routes on the Ocean Boulevard Wall? - if so very well done - you need to be fit for them. Mother Africa is one of the pumpiest trad routes of its grade I've done. Wall of the Worlds to to the right is no pumpier (possibly less) but obviously has harder moves.

Soul Sacrifice is harder overall*, harder to read and feels more committing, but is not quite as basically pumpy as OB: it has a proper rest in the short chimney and a cheeky knee scum which helped me to compose myself a little before the crux.  It's nothing like as hard as Mother Africa.  Next up Barracuda or Facedancin’, beta welcome!

*except to author of the graded list in a popular guidebook

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal