UKBouldering.com

anyone use a blackberry with strava? (Read 3761 times)

mark s

• junky
anyone use a blackberry with strava?
September 23, 2012, 09:40:13 am
it seems everyone uses strava but looking into my bb isnt compatable.i use endomondo instead,i have to cross reference with strava to see how im doing.
i did find that gps logger 2 works on bb then email the details to yourself and then upload to strava
any one do this?
seems a bit of a maul,but if its simple it will be worth it.
although some of the k.o.m times are bloody quick,never going to be anything like that speed

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#1 Re: anyone use a blackberry with strava?
October 04, 2012, 08:09:06 pm
I had despaired at having a Crackberry as I thought it would prevent me joining in the Strava fun. Downloaded GPS Logger 2 and getting it all onto Strava is a piece of piss. Duly wadded  :great:

mark s

• junky
#2 Re: anyone use a blackberry with strava?
October 06, 2012, 10:02:50 am
glad to be of service    :icon_welcome:
its so bloody addictive though,i cant just go for a ride.im constantly thinking 'oh fuck ,this is a segment'

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#3 Re: anyone use a blackberry with strava?
October 06, 2012, 12:53:34 pm
You don't have that problem round here as every single bit of road is one segment or another. Definitely changes your riding though.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#4 Re: anyone use a blackberry with strava?
October 12, 2012, 01:07:39 pm
Current frustrations:

Make sure you don't bury the phone in your bag! Riding to the wall I busted a gut on a sprint segment. Unfortunately the GPS was logging inaccurately (I assume a signal strength problem) and so it seemed I was flicking on and off the road = no segment logged. I would have been 15th out of 170 odd people.

KNOW YOUR SEGMENTS! Whilst out last Saturday I made good progress up a climb, got to what I thought would be the top then waited 15 mins for my friends to reach the top. Had I continued to the top of the actual segment I would have comfortably got K.O.M on a Cat 3 climb. Boooo!

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal