UKBouldering.com

Edmonton area (Read 1168 times)

keefe

Edmonton area
September 20, 2012, 08:05:19 am
Does anybody on here know the Edmonton (Alberta) area? I'll have a work trip coming up for 10 days or so - which will run over a weekend. I'll be staying in the city.
Any tips for walls / easily accessed bouldering?
Thanks

Ethan

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Edmonton area
September 20, 2012, 05:41:39 pm
'Vertically Inclined' is probably the best wall around those parts and is pretty much right in the middle of Edmonton. There are a couple more in the city as well, RockJungle, and I think the University has one too. As far as climbing outside goes though, there isn't really any...

petejh

• forum hero
#2 Re: Edmonton area
September 20, 2012, 06:24:44 pm
I used to regularly visit the Edmonton university wall about 4 years ago and thought their bouldering was really good, don't know what it's like now.

No real bouldering anywhere close to Edmonton, it's about a 3.5 hours drive to Jasper where there's sport climbing on quartzite crags (lost boys crag and a couple of other venues). I remember reading about there being some limited bouldering near Jasper but no idea what it's like. Best bet would be to call one of the gear shops in Jasper for info and a local topo. There's a Rockies Bouldering guide but most of it is in the southern rockies and not great.

Link to jasper info: http://www.summitpost.org/jasper-rock-climbs/365013

keefe

#3 Re: Edmonton area
September 20, 2012, 10:29:13 pm
Thanks Folks
Keefe

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal