UKBouldering.com

Bruised little finger (Read 1273 times)

Rocksteady

• forum abuser
  • Crank
  • Hotter than the sun!
Bruised little finger
September 11, 2012, 04:42:30 pm
Can't seem to find any info on this with the search so will try you cognoscenti...

At the wall last week I noticed, about half-way through the session, that my RH pinky felt a bit sore. When I looked at it it had gone white and looked like it had been pinched. I couldn't identify a particular moment when I'd hurt it, but wondered if I'd pinched it when throwing for a jug that narrowed to a crack against the wall. When pressed it felt sharply painful, but not in a pulley injury type way, and I had no loss of motion or pain through movement. After a little rest I tentatively tried it out on some holds after padding it with tape, felt minimal pain, and carried on the session. Afterwards it was pink and swollen on the palm side and the back, just from the base to just above the first knuckle. It was a bit tender to touch.

I iced it when I returned home. At work the next day it was noticeably pink and a bit swollen, but not too sore and worked perfectly.
The next day it appeared normal, although I could see two red bruisy looking marks on the skin either side of the first knuckle on the palm side of my hand. It felt a bit tender.

Had a couple of rest days, went bouldering and had a great session with only a few moves feeling a bit tender on the pinky.

Now, about a week after first presenting, it's staying a bit sore to press and a little swollen with no appreciable loss of function. It does look a bit yellowy/bruised though.

I'm sort of considering it non-serious and am carefully continuing to train, on the basis that I think I've bruised it in the manner I've described above. Is my pinched in a hold hypothesis probable? Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Or - is it something else weird that I don't know about - worth checking with the doctor?

Thanks for your advice.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal