UKBouldering.com

injuried lat? (Read 1430 times)

ghisino

• forum abuser
injuried lat?
December 11, 2012, 11:17:17 am
3 weeks ago i injuried myself by being a total dick
(triying to show beta off on an undercling move in a roof. indoors. wearing approach shoes. with no warmup other than a beer)

anyway since then i ache *somewhere* in my lat, not only on similar moves while climbing but also in daily activities such as getting out of bed, leaning on my side etc.

sometimes for no apparent reagion the pain shifts more to the front, on the side of my rib cage.
I feel especially stiff in the injuried region in the morning.

went to an osteopath but had no noticeable effect.

just wondering if anyone had a similar injury and has a clue about how it can be managed...heating seems to relive the pain but only temporarly.

Lund

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: injuried lat?
December 11, 2012, 05:16:51 pm
3 weeks ago i injuried myself by being a total dick
(triying to show beta off on an undercling move in a roof. indoors. wearing approach shoes. with no warmup other than a beer)

anyway since then i ache *somewhere* in my lat, not only on similar moves while climbing but also in daily activities such as getting out of bed, leaning on my side etc.

sometimes for no apparent reagion the pain shifts more to the front, on the side of my rib cage.
I feel especially stiff in the injuried region in the morning.

went to an osteopath but had no noticeable effect.

just wondering if anyone had a similar injury and has a clue about how it can be managed...heating seems to relive the pain but only temporarly.

Osteopathy is snake oil, don't bother.

It's most probably a muscle injury if heat helps.

It seems unlikely you've a bad  tear, but most likely a minor one.  Treatment for muscle damage is usually to keep using it, but not too much so that it hurts, and take painkillers.  After a period scar tissue will form and it'll hurt less.  Then you'll need to train it to get it strong again which is going to be an arse; scar tissue weakens muscle, so you'll need to compensate for it a bit.

Probably going to annoy you for another month or so before you're pain free day to day.

Don't overdo it, warm up very carefully.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal