UKBouldering.com

Another plantation problem (Read 3879 times)

a dense loner

• forum hero
Another plantation problem
May 27, 2012, 08:15:33 pm
On the boulder just left of the hourglass, left of the slopey 7a people use a r heel on. Cleaned up n done this morn by Jamie the hands. Grade 7a+ maybe b. felt lot harder than some at those grades but will be easier when clean. Start both hands on boulder below n ascend, only that boulder for feet b4 movin onto problem proper. Shit description really, it's obvious. Really good moves. While Jamie thinks of a name I christened it "robbing big handed fuck" since my limbs don't allow me to use the obvious hold for the heel

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#1 Re: Another plantation problem
May 27, 2012, 08:21:34 pm
Jim did this about five years ago I think. I didn't think it was worth recording.

old cheese

• obsessive maniac
  • does my arse look big in this
#2 Re: Another plantation problem
May 27, 2012, 08:29:06 pm
Robbed earlier than you thought eh Lee! Would Your limbs have allowed you to do this 5 years ago?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#3 Re: Another plantation problem
May 27, 2012, 09:17:59 pm
No one did this five yrs ago, certainly not jim. Loads of people will say they did it but I don't believe anyone did

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#4 Re: Another plantation problem
May 27, 2012, 09:33:33 pm
Why not? If you got to the crag a bit more you'd see shit like this every day. A 7a, in the middle of the plantation, really to hard to believe? Or did you get some magic eyes in Oman?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#5 Re: Another plantation problem
May 27, 2012, 09:49:54 pm
No the fact that I've got a decent span n if someone hasn't got the same span as me they're doing it at a hard grade. Also the fact that we removed earth n grass helped in our assessment that it hadn't been done b4. I've done it from standing years ago wi jim but one hand is already on top of boulder. I also did about 6more probs I'd not seen b4 today at plantation, is that what happens when u go out? Cos a lot of people I know tend to stick to doin the same ones over n over

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#6 Re: Another plantation problem
May 27, 2012, 09:52:37 pm
I remember this. I very nearly did this 5 years ago and I do mean very nearly, so much so that Johnny actually remembers me doing it.
Anyway, I'm fairly sure I didn't actually do it and didn't think it was worthwhile or worth recording. I do definately remember Johnny doing some patioing work on it as the landing was utter dogshit. I also remember seeing a group on it later the same day and thinking, why are they bothering, its pretty log.
I also seem to remember r-man or someone claiming this a while back as well.
All of this is purely based on my memory which, as you can probably tell isn't very reliable apart from the fact that for certain I definately very nearly did it.
Clear?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#7 Re: Another plantation problem
May 27, 2012, 10:04:08 pm
I remember all this cos I was there as well. Difference between nearly n not is about 3inches. The moves on it are good. It will also go to the left as well, this I remember doing from jumping but a different kettle from sitting

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#8 Re: Another plantation problem
May 27, 2012, 10:26:45 pm
I also seem to remember r-man or someone claiming this a while back as well.

I've only done the standing start - I thought it was Born Slappy at the time. Don't remember claiming anything.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#9 Re: Another plantation problem
May 27, 2012, 11:11:17 pm
In which case I refer you to my previous statement:
All of this is purely based on my memory which, as you can probably tell isn't very reliable

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#10 Re: Another plantation problem
May 27, 2012, 11:27:21 pm
Thought you'd be on the lime at this time of year.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#11 Re: Another plantation problem
May 27, 2012, 11:28:10 pm
I remember all this cos I was there as well.
I retract my earlier statement. I've never been to the plantation. Is it any good?

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#12 Re: Another plantation problem
May 28, 2012, 12:21:28 pm
Only for circuit training and there's just one hermit monk guy that does round there anyway

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal