UKBouldering.com

Sypeland (Read 2863 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Sypeland
May 19, 2012, 12:33:10 pm
Anyone know what Sypeland might be like tomorrow? Very limited net access at the month so can't really check the forecast :sorry:

sjw

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Sypeland
May 19, 2012, 04:17:08 pm
Forecast is dry and overcast, I reckon it will be fine. We were there a few weeks ago and it looked like we were its first visitors in years....I suggest you to take a selection of brushes!

Nigel Poustie

• regular
#2 Re: Sypeland
May 19, 2012, 08:14:45 pm
I'm pretty sure you will have been the only visitors in years, it doesn't get much attention.
I would agree with sjw - take your brushes.

Have fun, there is some good stuff up there!

dunnyg

• forum hero
#3 Re: Sypeland
May 19, 2012, 09:07:35 pm
A couple of my mates have been up in the last year, so its getting busy up there! Just to hijack it, went up to snowden nigel, and even though got rained off, thought there was some quality lines. Fell off your roof a couple of times, then got rained off. Whats the beta for the the right hand version?  Enjoy sypeland kaiser x

Nigel Poustie

• regular
#4 Re: Sypeland
May 21, 2012, 04:53:54 pm
Alright dunnyg, I'll do nmy best to remember....
Start at the back of the roof, Left hand out to crimp the left side of the hole in the roof, Right foot on the top of the flake at the back and move your RH out to a small crimp under the roof, then RH again to the big hold on the lip, my feet came off and i quickly wrapped my R heel on the lip, close to me on a small ripple. Bring your LH onto the none hold on the lip and fire up with your LH to a shallow slot, bring your RH up to another none hold and then go again with your RH to the R one of the top two crimps which is shit (you really have to bury your skin into it to get enough off it). Snatch your LH up level with your R and thrutch your body up the rock until it is possible to move your R foot onto the good hold on the lip and stand up, this last bit is really quite hard.

Hope thats clear ?
Let me know how you get on, last time I went up there I found it much harder than when I first did it.
It's a real struggle to get enough off those top crimps to thrutch up.

Good Luck.

dunnyg

• forum hero
#5 Re: Sypeland
May 22, 2012, 03:42:41 pm
yeah, makes sense, will let you know, though it might not be gor a while its getting toasty now.

cheers  :)

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#6 Re: Sypeland
December 18, 2013, 11:18:34 am
Anyone been anywhere near Snowden lately?

Looking like a good venue for a Team Fatneck visit this weekend i.e. some easy lowballs for her and something a bit more trying but still lowball and not hard for him...

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#7 Re: Sypeland
December 18, 2013, 12:14:42 pm
 :spank:
And there was me getting all excited thinking that someone was going to tell me that Sypeland was in great nick.
Bumscraping Snowdeners can get their own thread!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal