UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Popular End][Wing Buttress Direct][7A] (Read 1924 times)

ellis

Managed the direct start to Wing Buttress last night, thin moves using a pebble and crimp.  :)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
From memory I thought you must mean the hanging arete of the wing itself, but looking at the guide Wing buttress is up the slab to the left?

ellis

It's the wall right of Wing Buttress Gully and just left of the blunt arete, direct up to the wide crack on second half of WB.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I see, so just left of Wing and a prayer (the blunt arete). I'm guessing you don't use the arete?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Pic here on UKC showing the block http://www.ukclimbing.com/images/dbpage.html?id=19416

Description over there for WBD say: "The wall just left of a blunt arete direct into crack of Wing Buttress. Start with right hand on the arete and gain a pebble with the left. Latch a small positive crimp with the right and rock up for glory."

Is this UKB Poirot day?

ellis

Yes, used arete with RH just to pull on, then small positive crimp on the wall to rock up to jug.

ellis

That photo shows it well, footholds in those low breaks L of yellow rope, handholds tricky to spot, even when stood there!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal