UKBouldering.com

Le Show de Bradley Wiggins (Read 57923 times)

flyguy

• addict

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#51 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 13, 2012, 02:21:02 pm
Beaten to posting the link to that article by seconds....  :(

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#52 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 13, 2012, 02:38:51 pm
Excellent article.

north_country_boy

• junky
#53 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 13, 2012, 03:01:59 pm
Excellent article.

Ditto, great read.

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
#54 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 13, 2012, 06:53:02 pm
It's a bit "jumpers for goalposts" but Christ, you want it all to be true.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#55 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 13, 2012, 07:59:18 pm
Steve House not impressed (via Twitter):

I agree with @BradWiggins but so obviously not his voice, @teamsky PR dept wrote this #dotheythinkwe'restupid?

dave

#56 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 13, 2012, 08:29:38 pm
This is getting confusing, i don't know whether to like wiggers or not. And i don't mean goldie looking chain.

underground

• forum hero
#57 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 14, 2012, 12:25:05 am
i like him. He sports a proper mod haircut, and he rides his bike really well. And in my opinion he's totally sound.

Doubters... if that Guardian comment piece was written by the Sky PR team, then the Sky PR team need sacking for writing in a shit way. Maybe a cynic could say they wrote it like deliberately.

If anything, I'd say it was a transcription... of course the dude isn't going to pen something like that after a big stage, but he could say it to someone who'd then write it.... Bollocks Steve House.

cofe

• forum hero
#58 Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 14, 2012, 12:13:41 pm
Steve House not impressed (via Twitter):

I agree with @BradWiggins but so obviously not his voice, @teamsky PR dept wrote this #dotheythinkwe'restupid?

At least Wiggo didn't write a poem...

I'd say it's a transcription. Of course he didn't fucking write it. I should certainly hope not anyway.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#59 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 14, 2012, 04:07:36 pm
today's finish was pretty exciting

I thought for a moment that Wiggo was trying to win it for himself

Duma

• forum hero
#60 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 14, 2012, 09:59:42 pm
Good to see him lead it out for EBH, no extra effort really and kept him out of trouble in the run in, shame he couldn't keep it up for another 200m, Eddie may have had a chance then.
OT, but Cav's display today doesn't bode well for the olympics, apparently box hill is a lot tougher than the cat 3 in today's stage.

Stubbs

#61 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 15, 2012, 12:10:00 am

apparently box hill is a lot tougher than the cat 3 in today's stage.

Thankfully he doesn't have to ride for sixty hours (including the Alps) the week before he does the Olympic Road race, there's some part of me that thinks this may make a smaaaaaaaall difference...

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".

tomtom

• forum hero
#63 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 17, 2012, 08:17:31 am
A timely warning in the Daily Mash!
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/bradley-wiggins-targeted-by-wile-e-coyote-2012071634368

Quality:

Stewards have since dismantled a massive magnet at stage 15, as well as discovering a plate of delicious cheeses that was booby-trapped with dynamite.

north_country_boy

• junky
#64 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 18, 2012, 10:25:33 am
So, the next two days are likely to define the outcome of the tour, and should be where any of Wiggins' competitors have surely got to launch an attack...can anyone derail the Sky train?

I expect Froome, Rogers, Porte and Boasson-Hagen will be well pepped to defend any attack

rich d

• forum hero
#65 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 18, 2012, 10:35:55 am
Does everyone expect Froome to fully obey team orders? Be interesting to see if anyone can break wiggo on an ascent. Personally can't see it this year.

north_country_boy

• junky
#66 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 18, 2012, 10:41:36 am
Does everyone expect Froome to fully obey team orders? Be interesting to see if anyone can break wiggo on an ascent. Personally can't see it this year.

Nil chance of him straying from the Sky strategy, if he wants a chance to win the Tour in the future, he needs to stay at Sky and keep them happy, what goes around comes around and his time will come.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/18877975

That's not to say he couldn't indeed break Wiggins over the next two days...

rich d

• forum hero
#67 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 18, 2012, 10:45:57 am
Didn't think Froome would attack again like he did last week due "misunderstood communication" but do wonder if he'll push that little bit harder but just within the limits of team orders, firstly to see if he can break wiggo but also to make a statement of obviously having to hold his pace/slow down - as a kind of shop window for being a future team no 1 GC rider.

cofe

• forum hero
#68 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 18, 2012, 11:03:24 am
but do wonder if he'll push that little bit harder but just within the limits of team orders, firstly to see if he can break wiggo

he'd be a fucking idiot if he did that.

they'll only change the strategy if Wiggins explodes and GC is in danger. should be an interesting day anyway, i wonder if the italians will be better than us?

north_country_boy

• junky
#69 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 18, 2012, 04:25:01 pm
Didn't think Froome would attack again like he did last week due "misunderstood communication" but do wonder if he'll push that little bit harder but just within the limits of team orders, firstly to see if he can break wiggo but also to make a statement of obviously having to hold his pace/slow down - as a kind of shop window for being a future team no 1 GC rider.

Well I think any doubters of Wiggins may well be piping down after today. Great effort to keep responding to Nibali's attacks, with or without Froome he just kept reeling him back in!

Fantastic ride from Voeckler, first over all four summits to take the win and the Polka dot jersey! Tres bien!

tregiffian

• stalker
  • Struggling
#70 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 18, 2012, 04:40:46 pm
Did anyone see Wiggins out of the saddle for more than an instant? Top man.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#71 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 18, 2012, 04:54:22 pm

using a Shimano XT MTB cassette apparently, coz he doesn't like getting out of the saddle

http://bicycling.com/blogs/thisjustin/2012/07/16/tour-tech-wiggos-di2-derailleur-hack/

north_country_boy

• junky
#72 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 18, 2012, 05:27:06 pm

using a Shimano XT MTB cassette apparently, coz he doesn't like getting out of the saddle

http://bicycling.com/blogs/thisjustin/2012/07/16/tour-tech-wiggos-di2-derailleur-hack/

Yeah, saw that. Having same dilemma with my own set up at the minute as changing the cassette from 11-26 means changing dérailleur and chain as well, unless anyone knows of a replacement cage (medium or long) which will fit a 2012 Sram Red rear dérailleur??

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#73 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 18, 2012, 09:35:48 pm
XT.. Nothing better.

Fatkid2000 amd I just costed getting to see Cav send it in Paris and scream like girls for brad on the podium...

Looks like a BBQ at mine during the time trial... Euro star are so.... Cashing in . Twats.

andy popp

• forum hero
#74 Re: Le Show de Bradley Wiggins
July 18, 2012, 09:48:55 pm
I'm going to Font sat and thinking about catching the train up on Sunday to see the last day. Where would be a good place to catch it - presume anywhere around the Arc de Triomphe is just going to be stupidly packed?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal