UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 113 Mon 9th-Sun 15th April (Read 13608 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
M. Font - flailed on 6's
T. Day trip to Paris
W. Font - reasonable showing on a highball 7A/7A+ crack near Fata Morgana
T. Font - got close on Lady Big Claques
F. Font - failed on Nemesis and LBC. PM Ben got close and Tommy did Marie Rose  ;D
S. Travelling
S. FA

Absolutely busted still and no ticks to boast about. Another good Easter Font trip. Would have been made up if I'd got LBC in the bag. Weighed in at 11.6 this morning so not too disasterous. Going to rest up till the weekend to recover from the trip and general malaise. Not got much to show for the year so far. 48 next week. How did that happen?

fried

• forum hero
Still being careful with the back, but keep getting tempted...

Monday - Indoor - More jug traversing and easy stuff
Tuesday - some shoulder stuff
Wednesday - nothing
Thursday - Indoor, same as above but a bit more difficult, taking a few low falls.
Friday - nothing
Saturday - Shoulder stuff
Sunday - Rocher des potets for a serious lowball session, then off to 95.2 for more of the same ,picked off a couple of blues and reds. Shoulder stuff while making curry, as we speak.

Three sessions in a week. I seem to be on the mend and not lost too much finger strength, my shoulders might have even benefited from the rest.

T. Font - got close on Lady Big Claques

Now that looks like a fantastic problem.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

Now that looks like a fantastic problem.

Sure does. What's more it climbs even better than it looks

tomtom

• forum hero
A good week :)

M: Nothing
T: Nothing
W: Afternoon trip to Almscliff.. warmed up - it started raining. Went to sit out the 'shower' under DWR and ended up sat there for 90 min :( Finally went and discovered Si's arete was dry and flailed around in that and the puddle underneath it :/
T: Weather looked sketchy again, so ended up having lunchtime boulder at Logport Wall.. good session - nice set of problems there at the moment..
F: Rest
Sa: Cheeky hour and a half at Harmers. Stuck to the lower grade problems - nice circuit.
Su: Secret Garden with Jasper, 3T, Plattsy and Grubes. Usual failure on beach ball (the slopers were a little warm) and thanks to BB I have counted 8 areas of grit rash on my body :) Then worked Dick Williams with the gents - good progress - got the middle, and nearly the top out (it'll go I think - I was just being a pussy) but as it transpires not the correct SS.. next time - but feels like it should go. Nice problem.

So a good week.. sadly this week I have shit loads of work followed by a weekend away.. so looks like there will be no more climbing for a week. Bah..

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
STG: Sustained/pumpy 6b onsight: nearly
MTG: Place in top half of the field in a local boulder comp
   Build alpine experience on routes that are [shorter / easier / harder but bolted] than LTG routes
LTG: Big alpine rock routes: Totenkirchl west face (Dülfer), Marmolada south face (Vinatzer-Messner)
   Nostalgic trip back home - Welsh trad E2

M: Wall, Boulderwelt: warmed up on problems around my flash limit (6Aish) then PE circuits
T:
W: Wall, Thalkirchen: bouldering harder problems. Did my first Thalkirchen "sehr schwer" yyfy
T: Bike to work 26km
F: Wall, Gilching: 6 routes up to 6b+ (attempts)
S: Didn't drive to Arco due to crap weather forecast. NNFN. Consolation beers.  :beer2:
S: Wall, Gilching: 7 routes up to 6b+. Nearly flashed a pumpy 6b (stg) but misread last move & fell off.  Redpointed 6b+ second go: after being stuck around 6a+/b or so for a year, harder things start to feel possible.

csl

• junky
Goals for April -
Write my dissertation - 12,000, so hit the word count, just gotta spend this week making it make sense!
Climb 7b+ - progress on space race, felt nails last week and very doable this week.

Mon- Leeds Wall - Routes - nearly did a couple of 7a+s and did some laps on easier stuff
Tues- Core in the morning - Couple of hours at the cliff in the afternoon, little play on DWR, progress! And some soloing. Then got home and did some finger boarding - 1 handed hangs with some assistance and some back 3 and front 3 hangs.
Wed- Caley - Tried One man and his dogmas, hard! Did the highball V3 to the right, very nice should see more ascents.
Thur- Rest
Fri- Leeds Wall - Warmed up, flashed a V4 and a V6, tried some harder stuff. Then fell from the finishing jug of a 7a+. Did some circuits upstairs. Feet on campus 60 moves x 3 and some core/pressups
Sat- Rest
Sun - Malham, space race dryer than expected, only had two goes due to sore skin but got good links on lead so should go next visit with fresh fingers! Also tried puddle jumper on a TR - should lead this next time, quite nice! and tried to onsight sycophant but fell before the last bolt and sprained my ankle a bit.

gollum

• obsessive maniac
M - bit of eliminate seeking on problems at Leeds, circuits upstairs
T - campusing followed by encores. Am def stronger when not done a full day at work.
W - more eliminating holds at Leeds
T -day off, campusing again and feeling strong again. Repeaters with weight again.
F - City Bloc doing yellows and the odd green. Never been before and really enjoyed problems.
S - on call all weekend so inside. Depot and on big 50 degree board, then zipped around doing all the new purple circuit. Almost flashed the circuit but got giddy on last one and rushed it.
S - Campusing at Depot, followed by a few new yellows, reds and loads of pinks, plus nearly catching a big dyno........not keen on them really. Finished off with weighted repeaters again. Managed one finger pull in a short sling on right and left. Been a long time since did that.

All in all, a week when feel things coming together again. Chuffed.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
M- Climbing Works. Mainly luminous yellow circuit. Ticked about 50%. Foot on 1-3-5s on the campus board. Turns out the Works campus board has a massive set of rungs on in addition to the three sizes Notts have and I can do 1-3-5 and 1-4 footless on them. Pushups.
T- Rest.
W- Week 7 of swiss ball program.
T- Long-dormant left wrist pain has reared its ugly head, doubtless due to three days of frenetic computer-prodding at work. Commence initial stage of rehab-  taping it up, ignoring it and going to the climbing wall (Nottingham): onsight routes up to 6b+, foot-on 1-3-5s and 1-4s on middle rungs, footless 1-3s on larger rungs. Bolton complex w/ 5kg on return. squat/ presses feeling slightly easier than before.
F- Wrist thrashing. Rest.
S- Wrist still dodgy. Head to Froggatt for easy soloing afternoon- starts pissing it down in Calver so settle for carb loading followed by soggy Froggatt woods exploration. Probably a good idea as easy bouldering at top of crag indicates severe wrist pain when mantling.  :(
S- Rest. Wrist improves amazingly during course of day.

Hopefully my wrist will be OK by mid-week so I can get out one evening this week.

Duma

• forum hero
Aims:
- Proper (run, bike, etc) aero every week. Yay! twice this week, back in the swing of things.
- Weight consistently 68ish.  going okish
- 7C+ in UK and Font this year. UK tick, font will have to wait till Autumn now
- 5 probs at or above 7C this year. 2 down, 3 to go
- 8a this year. only been on a string once so far, but still keen

M, T - nowt, rest wrist, heel, mope.
W - TCA eve for couple of hours. First real improvement in wrist since I did it. Still tweaky on big slopers, but getting there - felt like it wasn't a wasted session. Managed the 'other' link on the Yellow 8b circuit - from after start crux (~7moves) to finish (did from start to move 25 a couple of weeks ago). Got to start trying the full link now...
T - run 5 miles on downs  before work. Heel was a bit uncomfortable, but no more than that, and didn't get any worse after. YYFY
F, S - nowt, work and childcare
S - childcare till 8, just got back from second run this week /9same 5 mile circuit round downs). Heel better if anything.

Weight: 68.5-70 - was 70 this morning but not too bothered now I'm running again - confident it'll drop off.

Real turnaround in mental state the last few days, massive relief to really feel like I'm not just on the mend, but can start doing stuff again.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
did nowt all week, it was half term so I've been kiddied up, and post six-days-on in font.  I've had opportunities to at least tickle the fingerboard or get the kids out somewhere roadside but just couldn't be arsed.  I listened to my body and it said "feed me".  It also said "I'm thirsty".  I have obliged.  Tomorrow I rise at dawn and renew hostilities suitably recharged.

chris05

• forum abuser
Goals (2012)

7 x 7A/+ (2 done - 1 x 7A, 1 x 7A+)
3 x 7B
1 x 7B+/7C

Front lever & a one arm pull-up

Been in Scotland for a week so two weeks to report.

M: rest
T: rest
W: BM: front 2 max hangs (small pockets with 7.5 kg) and repeaters, one arm work, theraband & F.L progressions
T: rest
F: drive to Scotland
S: 3m xc run & 9-10 mile walk on Ben Wyvis
S: 4m xc run & 6m walk on beach

M: Drove to Applecross, Kishorn boulders were wet but managed a short session at Sand bay where I flashed the "6C" traverse (which is about font 5) and did some other easy stuff
T: 12m walk mostly without paths
W: Long day bouldering at Torridon, amazing place with great problems, did lots of quality 6's and had a quick go on Malc's arete (what a line) but didn't want to spend too long on anything. Will definitely head back for this.
T: 4m xc run
F: 9m hilly road and trail run
S: 9m hilly road and trail run
S: drove back to Notts

Had a great time on Scotland visiting my parents and even managed to fit in a bit of bouldering. Torridon is awesome.

marky8b

• regular
Easy Week
10/4/12
Chapel session
PE 5 sets of 40 move with 3kg (200 moves)
Press ups into curls 2 sets
Press into up rows 2 sets
20 reps each
250 weighted core

12/4/12
Chapel session
ANP/SSW work
100 + moves random bouldering with Alex, trying new problems
Weighted pulls beastmaker
10kg x 5
15kg x 4
20kg x 3
25kg x 2
10kg x 5
press up, curl
press, up row
Core 250

14/4/12
Climbing, went to cheedale pissed wet through! Ended up at the Tor, so decided to try Call of Nature...better foot sequence on crux felt great, then split tip!  feel that is should go next time...

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
STG - Cliff tickage yada yada yada
LTG - Font 7b

T - Board session focusing on lots and lots of crimping. Really good fun and came away very psyched.
W - Run on lunch, beasted normal 5.5m circuit in 40:30, taking 2:20 off my previous PB.
T - Depot session on new purple circuit, some tough V3-V4s in there courtesy of Dave Barrans...or it could just be me being weak.
F - Nowt
S - Nowt
S - Secret Garden with Jasper, T2, Plattsy and Grubes.

Pretty uninspired by Beachball (long reach) and found Dick Williams OK in sections but struggling with hitting the upper right pocket so settled for energy / skin conservation and spotted / photographed tomtom and Jasper instead.

Swung by Burbage West with Plattsy on way back for what we both thought would be the standard beatdown by Breakfast, only for us both to send it! YYFY indeed - the end of a very protracted seige for me, reckon I've had easily 100+ tries without success over the last few years on this so very, very pleased to finally do it!

erm, sam

• forum hero
S: Wall, Gilching: 7 routes up to 6b+

I don't want to intrude, being only a Power Club lurker but I keep having the same thought when I read your posts Muencher.
When you write about routes at the wall you don't write about doing routes in pairs or 3 routes in a block or what have you. In my limited experience of trying to get fitter on routes (I was going from being boxed after a 6b upto being able to do 10 routes in a session including a couple of 6cs and lots of 6bs).
I found doing easier routes in pairs or doing 3 routes in a block rather than doing routes singley really made a massive difference to my endurance, and ment I could get up routes that only a few weeks previously felt like the living end of pump doom.
For you it might be doing a 6a, lower off pull rope and immediatly do another 6a, rest while your partner does the same and repeat for the session. Or try doing 3x 5c or a 6a+,6a,5c combo etc. Increase the number of pairs or combos per session over a few weeks, or add in harder combos increasing the average difficulty over a few weeks and I'm sure you will nail your goal.
Have you tried this? Apologies if I am preaching to the converted or teaching omas to eier zucken.

wsmith

• player
    • Hard Wood Holds
Week 14 of Plan.

M. Setting at work. 1 hour bouldering and 5 hard routes.
T. Assisted negative 1 armers on bar. 6 reps each arm. 2-3 mins between each rep. Warwick. 40 min bouldering. 4 burns on the 100 move circuit so basically aerocap - 4x8 min continuity.
W.
T. Parisellas. Did left wall, lip service, beaver cleaver. Spent a while trying RA.
F. Warwick. 30 min bouldering. Aerocap - 4x10 min continuity.
S.
S.Warwick. Redpoints on routes. Aerocap - 4x4 on routes 6c+/7a.

Ok week.
Masses of work for a deadline this week but will try not to fall behind on training. 4 weeks of fingerboarding starts but still experimenting with what works on the FB. Might try some of this hypertrophy stuff before power phase starts in 5 weeks time.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
S: Wall, Gilching: 7 routes up to 6b+

I don't want to intrude, being only a Power Club lurker but I keep having the same thought when I read your posts Muencher.
When you write about routes at the wall you don't write about doing routes in pairs or 3 routes in a block or what have you. In my limited experience of trying to get fitter on routes (I was going from being boxed after a 6b upto being able to do 10 routes in a session including a couple of 6cs and lots of 6bs).
I found doing easier routes in pairs or doing 3 routes in a block rather than doing routes singley really made a massive difference to my endurance, and ment I could get up routes that only a few weeks previously felt like the living end of pump doom.
For you it might be doing a 6a, lower off pull rope and immediatly do another 6a, rest while your partner does the same and repeat for the session. Or try doing 3x 5c or a 6a+,6a,5c combo etc. Increase the number of pairs or combos per session over a few weeks, or add in harder combos increasing the average difficulty over a few weeks and I'm sure you will nail your goal.
Have you tried this? Apologies if I am preaching to the converted or teaching omas to eier zucken.

It can be hard when dependant on someone to belay, as they rarely want to stand and hold the rope while you make circuits on the same two routes....

At the Quay, they have two or three Auto belays, which are great for training (also, as resting on the rope is not an option). I like to pick a route at the mid to top of my ability (to on sight), climb it, rest 2 min, climb it gain and so on...
I originally aimed at going for 6 repeats before taking 5-10 min rest and moving on to the next route; now I repeat until failure and then move on.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
Goals- Keep climbing.

M-  FB repeaters, core and shoulders.
T-  Family stuff...
W- Weights (chest and shoulders), dead lifts and pull ups.
Th- Quay. Mainly belaying nephew and niece, managed a short boulder session. Repeated a couple of 7a's (route, to be clear) and then slipped off the last move of another, just to bugger up the onsight...
F- family stuff. No motivation.
S-  Kids, beach, Wizzies, throwing 25kg kids in the air and catching them... Repeatedly. Running around the sand like a demented puppy. Probably a better workout than a five mile run?
S-  Depressed, listless, lazy. Happens sometimes...

Bad week, training wise.
Struggling for motivation and distracted by school holidays.
Pissed off as had harboured hopes of a trip during one week of the easter hols.
Not to be...

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
good week, easier than previous one.
MON 9 - bouldering. working the project. good feelings, core and fingers are strong.
TUE 10 - Beast. max one armed dead hangs. good progresses, esp. left hand. 35° and right eye RH +6 kg. 45° RH 2". vol 6. int 8+.
WED 11 - board. bouldering. three problems. mental tr. vol 7+. int 8.
THU 12 - MORNING Beast recruitment. 45°, back2 mid, ring monos. vol 6+. int 8. AFTERNOON deadlifts. 40, 50, 60 x5; 70, 80 x3; 90, 100 x2; 110 x1. all first try.
FRI 13 - active rest. teaching climbing class.
SAT 14 - board. bouldering. quite strong. vol 8. int 8+.
SUN 15 - board. bouldering. little time, hard to get going properly. vol 2/3. int 8. recruitment sessions. fingers good!

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Apologies if I am preaching to the converted or teaching omas to eier zucken.

Not at all, I'm grateful for good advice. I don't do as you're suggesting but probably should, because at around 6b/6B, my ability to do the individual moves isn't the problem. Whereas having to string more than a handful of them together is

the living end of pump doom.

My typical session looks something like this:
  • warm up: a couple of easy routes and/or 20-30 minutes light bouldering
  • 2 to 4 attempts on things at or slightly above my onsight limit (6a+ to 6b+)
  • ... boxed now ...
  • a couple of slightly easier routes - circa 6a - feeble attempt at "stamina training"
  • warm down: a couple more easy routes or a short ARC traversing session, maybe some stretching

... all very tactically naive I'm sure. I am making progress but it's slow: 6b to 6b+ in a year. Why don't I do more structured stamina/endurance training sessions?
  • nobody had previously given me such a clear explanation/recommendation of what to do. Now solved
  • tendency to always want to "perform" by trying stuff at my limit rather than train. Solution: mtfu and train properly
  • due to work & family my regular wall sessions tend to be when the wall is busy. Solution: mtfu and be more thick skinned about "hogging" routes
  • lack of partners who are interested in structured training. As Matt pointed out, this one could be trickier. No autobelays at my local walls.

... will try to convince a willing partner and give your suggestion a try

tomtom

• forum hero
I've really calmed down my warm ups - to focus on power more.. I used to do say 10 easy problems, another 10 less easy, then another 10 ones that I could flash (but close to not being able to) then work some harder stuff.. Now I do 5, 5, 5 (easy/med/tricky) then get straight into the tough ones... I was burning myself out on the warming up!

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
If the management will allow...
And the wall has fixed top ropes...
And weight bags...
I have done similar on a Shunt/tape combo, with a good 'ole fig 8 to descend.

If the management will allow, between watching the Pigs fly by and counting their collection of Hen's teeth...

erm, sam

• forum hero
... will try to convince a willing partner and give your suggestion a try
This is the hard bit and I'm lucky to have a climbing pal keen to improve and motivated to try different training stuff. -Shout out to Galpinos- Doing pairs doesn't take as long as you might think, you get much deeper into pump than doing one route so anybody who likes a challenge will quickly come to relish it.

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
STG:  Rehabilitate
MTG:  Regain previous level, introduce structured training and injury prevention
LTG:  7A in Font

M-
T- Arch.  Crap.  Flashed some new stuff but nothing hard.  Saw physio, now have new shoulder exercises to do.  He agrees that climbing probably isn't making things any worse so I'm going to stop taking so many rest days.
W- Yoga, new shoulder exercises.
T- Arch.  Decent.  Good volume.  Flash first ascents on all the new pinks moments after they're set.  Tiny progress on projects.  Yoga, shoulders.
F- Biscuit.  Fail on stuff that should be easy and flash some stuff that should be hard.  Weird.
S- Arch.  I now have four projects at the point of dropping them on the last move every single time.  Very annoying.  Yoga, shoulders.
S- Yoga, shoulders.

fried

• forum hero
What do you do for your shoulder exercises?

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
The new ones are all theraband things.

- Lie on the floor with band looped around bent leg, hold band next to head as if holding a phone then extend over head.  As in away from leg, not literally up because I'm lying on my back.
- Wrap band around pull-up bar or something.  Pull down with right hand then transfer to left (the dodgy one), set shoulder in position (it's too far forward) then slowly raise up in front with elbow locked.  I forget why I swap hands and don't just pull down with the left but that's what I was told.
- Hold band with both hands in front and pull arms out to side.

Quota is 12 reps of each twice a day, I usually do a bit more.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
M - Last climbing Day in Joe's Valley - Mixed day - Rough Morning, everything felt hard.  Took a good siesta break, then had a solid afternoon - 7C second try, 7A+ Flash, 7B+ second try.
T - Travel Day back to AK
W - Rest/Recover
Th - Light Bouldering in the gym to recover, Fingers still trashed from trip.
F - Run - 6Mi
Sat - FB - Test Max Hangs for start of cycle.   Biked-10Mi Outside (yeah!!!-Roads are dry enough to ride :)
Sun - Endurance Routes, Run 4mi

This week starts a 4 week cycle of weight loss and FB aiming to get lean for outdoor season here in AK. 

Goals for coming 4 week cycle -
Weight loss: Drop from 81 to 78kgs
Consistancy:10 min Yoga and 10 min bodyweight circuit in AM, and 30-45 min run everyday. 
Fingers: Hang the 45slopers without nestle or pinch, and back 2 the bottom row 2 finger pockets. 

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
Goals: Sardine.. Other Peak sport up to 7c+

M: AnCap @ The Works - Bottom of brown 7c (crux) x 4 @ 3 mins rest three times  (12 reps in all with 10 mins between sets) Utter meltdown..... :sick:
T: Planned fingerboard and weights session - listened to body, went to pub.
W-S: Family holiday in't Lakes - Did shitloads of walking and some running up and down fells but family commitments meant that I wasn't able to sneak off to the Bowderstone as I'd hoped....
S: 6 mile Burbage run.

Easy week forced upon me which is no bad thing as was feeling a bit battered... Getting worryingly psyched by fell running again which is no bad thing when I can't actually climb but somebody give me a slap next time my running days outnumber my climbing ones :chair:

This week: Tick Sardine - Make up for last weeks slackness.

:D

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
STG: Get into good habits of regular exercise / training; climb lots of routes, get lots of full days out.

MTG: Regain some fitness and climbing fitness; try to stop weight gain, regain trad confidence, climb near to limit in Scotland.

LTG: Attain consistent climber's lifestyle; lose 1 stone weight.

M - Active rest, 10 mins running, light weights session - okay.
T - Active rest, 10 mins running, light weights session - okay.
W - Gym, 2x12 mins arm cycling, 25 mins recumbent cycling, few weights AND 10 mins running - good, fine at gym despite a long break from it, and bonus run.
T -  Indoor bouldering @ TCA, easy circuit AND 12 mins running - okay, was rubbish at wall but again hadn't been for 3+ weeks, did mileage and bonus run
F - Rest.
S - Outdoor trad @ Ardnamurchan, a few mid-grade routes - okay, nice to be out but limited choice of routes and got quite cold so didn't do so well.
S - Outdoor trad @ Ardnamurchan, a few mid-grade routes plus 2 hours walking - good, some good climbing and a great full day out.

Much better week. Kept up with gentle running, did some proper training, and got some proper days out. Much more how it needs to be. Particularly good was going to the wall AND for a run, this will be a great habit if I can get into it, and getting a full day at Ardnarmuchan, I didn't do much progressive on the trad but definitely beneficial overall. Forecast is arse for a while so I intend to keep up with the gym and indoor routes/falling/stamina training.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber

What's a "consistant climber's lifestyle?"  Just curious.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Climb, eat, sleep.

Duma

• forum hero
Climb, eat, sleep...
...get up really early.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut

Something that doesn't happen in the West of Scotland!!!!

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter

Keep on climbing while holding down a job and a couple of kids? There summat you're not telling us Matt? :whistle:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures

What's a "consistent climber's lifestyle?"  Just curious.

It's when you can't find any trousers without all chalk on them when you're about to go out with your non-climbing mates.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber

Something that doesn't happen in the West of Scotland!!!!

Nor in Alaska!!  :-\

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
Climb, eat, sleep.

You missed the drink part.

Climb,  :beer2: , Eat,  :beer2: ,Sleep,  :beer2:

:slap:  The mystery behind my large mass is explained......

fried

• forum hero
The new ones are all theraband things.

- Lie on the floor with band looped around bent leg, hold band next to head as if holding a phone then extend over head.  As in away from leg, not literally up because I'm lying on my back.
- Wrap band around pull-up bar or something.  Pull down with right hand then transfer to left (the dodgy one), set shoulder in position (it's too far forward) then slowly raise up in front with elbow locked.  I forget why I swap hands and don't just pull down with the left but that's what I was told.
- Hold band with both hands in front and pull arms out to side.

Quota is 12 reps of each twice a day, I usually do a bit more.

I'll have to try these to add a bit of variation to my low weights routine. Cheers.

JDobo

• regular
M- Rest
T- Short bouldering session
W - Was meant to go to the gym but other things got in the way...
T - Nothing
F - Really good session repeating earlier routes, technique felt solid.
S - Nothing
S - Fantastic session nearly did my first V6+ (in two halves), just need to tackle the link now  8)

Duma

• forum hero

JDobo

• regular
V6+

?????

Between a V6 and V7? Unless your taking the mickey out of me for using V grades  :-\

Duma

• forum hero
No, but I'm going to for claiming a grade between V6 and V7 - there isn't one  ::). It's a continuous scale, straight from the hardest V6's to the easiest V7's
 :slap: :P :lol:

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
No, but I'm going to for claiming a grade between V6 and V7 - there isn't one  ::). It's a continuous scale, straight from the hardest V6's to the easiest V7's

Yes...
But I've seen plenty of walls that just grade up to V5 and anything harder gets marked V6+.

Which does leave things open, a little...

I mean V15 is a V6+.

JDobo

• regular

V15 is a V6+.
If only  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal