UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 112 Mon 2nd April - Sun 8th April (Read 17888 times)

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
176cm and 81kg

I was told this past weekend that I'm "healthy" and "obviously not from Boulder (Colorado)."

So my last week has been on a climbing trip to Joe's Valley and was my first test of my winter's training.  The test was passed with generally flying colors, and now onto my next training cycle before summer hits. 

The one thing that was glaringly obvious is that I was the biggest guy climbing 7C+ in Joe's by a about 10kg.  A bit of work on body composition may be in order???

New goal for the next 8-12 weeks, drop 5kg and maintain training program.

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
I think about 170cm and 60kg.  I'm a natural skinny bastard incapable of gaining weight so it's not something I ever measure or worry about.  Although yesterday I did wander onto a random set of scales and I was nine and a half stone fully clothed.

M- Biscuit.  Loads of slabs.  Feeling very lacking in power but managed some stuff that felt technically kind of hard.  Yoga, shoulder rehab exercises.
T- Yoga, shoulders.
W- Arch.
T- Arch.  Decent volume, flashed most of the new blues (V2-4).  Yoga, shoulders.
F- Work screws up sleep and life in general for rest of weekend.
S-
S-

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
I think about 170cm and 60kg.  I'm a natural skinny bastard incapable of gaining weight so it's not something I ever measure or worry about.  Although yesterday I did wander onto a random set of scales and I was nine and a half stone fully clothed.

Even though I don't know you and quite like your username, I now hate you and hope you get chased by a herd of horny bullocks next time you're out at the crag  :ras:

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
My body does seem to build muscle almost as reluctantly as it stores fat, plus I should probably touch wood when I'm tempting fate to suddenly make me fat.

tomtom

• forum hero
Even though I don't know you and quite like your username, I now hate you and hope you get chased by a herd of horny bullocks next time you're out at the crag  :ras:

Eek! Miso, I think you've got a new fwend... ;)

Dont worry fiend. A rack, gastric band and some liposuction and you'll be right. :)

fried

• forum hero
My body does seem to build muscle almost as reluctantly as it stores fat, plus I should probably touch wood when I'm tempting fate to suddenly make me fat.

Just wait till you hit your mid-thirtys. I was exactly the same as you, then I managed to put on about 10kg in 3 years. No exercise, restaurants 4 times a week, too much beer, Takeaway the other days of the week.

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
I'm hitting my mid-thirties right now.  Touching wood and crossing fingers.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
I may be able to offer some hope to you early middle aged kids.

I'm 181, 79 kg and 51 years old.

My weight peaked at 84 kg at age 43, not coincidentally about a year after my son was born / after a year of no exercise.

Most of the reduction from 84 to 79 kilos has been in the last couple of years since I started climbing again. Not sure how much scope I see for further reduction. I'm around 13% bodyfat: if I got to 10% I'd be  76 to 77kg, which is only a kilo or two above what I weighed in my 20s.

Otoh I have rather chunky legs - legacy of a misspent youth (too much hillwalking, not enough climbing) - so there'd be scope for a bit more reduction if I  could somehow find a way to get my calves to waste away. Alpine approaches aren't going to help with that though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal