UKBouldering.com

[Peak] [New Mills Torrs] [6c] Sunny Day (Read 1704 times)

Yoof

• menacing presence
[Peak] [New Mills Torrs] [6c] Sunny Day
March 11, 2012, 06:20:26 pm
I've just done a newish problem at New Mills Torrs today.
It's essentially an indirect start to Alcove wall. Starting on the right in the groove, shuffle along the ledge and then pull on some filthy crimps to a jug. This version is more accessible than the direct and still gives some good, possibly nicer climbing.
I've put a photo on peak bouldering.
http://peakbouldering.info/problems/3802
Enjoy :)

simon40

• player
  • Sport climber, too weak to boulder
Its good to see new stuff at more obscure venues, looks good, will have a look in the week when passing, there is an old project too on the left of the Poise e2, up the wall direct on small holds, go to it..

simon40

• player
  • Sport climber, too weak to boulder
I did this problem today, and on a sunny day too! Comparing to the honcho start which is 6c this is probably 6b although good moves, I did clean it first so makes it a bit easier to use the holds. The direct is nails! Tried and failed today, have you done this. Good problem

Yoof

• menacing presence
Woo! people are repeating my problem :bounce:
Fair enough, I personally found it harder than Honcho start, but everyone's different, so whatever.

I'm not local so I probably won't be trying that project, but I'll have a look if ever I'm there again, thanks.

Yep, the direct is nails and I'm far too weak. Were you trying to mantel the ledge with an upside-down thumb press?

Thankyou, soo glad you've repeated it.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal