UKBouldering.com

North Wales Limestone Graded List - feedback request (Read 1801 times)

petejh

• forum hero
Hello everybody. I've uploaded a word doc format of the Graded List of sport routes for the NW Limestone guidebook to this link: NW Limestone Graded List - Sport
- a whopping 750 routes give or take. The trad graded list is going to look quite petite in comparison, with approx.150 routes in total, quite an amazing difference really. The plan for the graded lists is not to try to order each individual route in order of difficulty but to put routes into one of three bands for each grade - High, Medium or Low, and simply order them alphabetically within bands. I haven't decided whether to put every route in the Sport graded list or to just concentrate on the better ones - a list containing every route would be massive but would satisfy the trainspotter contingent (of which I'm a member).

I'd be grateful if the knowledgeable crowd on here could find a moment to dowload a copy, have a look through and adjust whatever you think relevant by adding a H, M or L next to a route it if you think it's in the wrong place (type a grade if you think it should move up or down a full grade), save and email back to me: petellanrhos a t gmail dot com.

Or just reply to this thread if you can't be arsed joining Scribd (think you can do it through facebok though)...

I'd also like to highlight some routes at 7a+ and above which require a distinct style for their grade, as per the 'further developments on Peak Limestone' guidebook - it would be useful if some of you could identify a few routes at 7a+ and above which are distinctly Power Endurance, Strength or Technical. The majority of routes won't count as they are a mixture but a few stand out. Some examples (higher ones a guess):
8c - Liquid Ambar, PE. Sea of Tranquility, Strength.
8b+ - The Walking Mussel, Strength.
8b - The Brute, PE. The Mink/Ferret/Angel, Strength.
8a+ A Skip of Fools, PE. First Round First Second, Technical (?)
8a - Never Get Out of the Boat, PE. The Madness Reigns, Strength. Statement of Youth, Technical (?)
7c+ - Cafe Libre, Technical. Dreambadger, Strength.
7c - Tomorrow People, Strength. Bad Bad Boy, PE.
7b+ - Wall of the Evening Light, PE. Taipan, Strength. Electric Cool Aid Acid Test, Technical.
7b - Red Meat PE (very much at the endurance end of PE). Libertango, Technical.
7a+ - The Refrain, Strength.

The more feedback I get the better.

Thanks!

Pete Harrison

petejh

• forum hero
I've just put the Graded List onto the NW Limestone wiki as an attachment here: http://northwaleslimestone.wetpaint.com/page/NWL+Graded+List

No need to sign up to download that one.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal